Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The "What Are You Listening To Now" Thread

Right not listening to Fear by Drake (his best song for sure... Incredible) but recently been listening to Drake's new album. Not gonna be for everyone here, I'm sure, but it's pretty solid. Lord Knows, Underground King, Marvin's Room, Headlines, and Look What You've Done are all great songs.

Also Camp (Childish Gambino) leaked at the same time and also releases tomorrow. I think he's got some mainstream appeal in him afterall. Album is good.

He's great on Community (love that show) for sure. But the kid can spit, too.

The new Drake album is trash. Wish he would have signed to a deifferent label. Lil Wayne is rubbing off on him so bad.

Right now I'm listening to

Lords of the Underground- Chief Rocka

Beez said:
The new Drake album is trash. Wish he would have signed to a deifferent label. Lil Wayne is rubbing off on him so bad.

solid.

MichChamp02 said:
Beez said:

solid.

Drake's cd or Cheif Rocka?

DR said:
Beez said:
"The shoes.....the shoooooes?

ITS GOTTA BE THE SHOES!"

I guess that's something that seeped out of my brain over the last 17 or 18 years.

lol Well some shits gotta go to make room for SAP.

that song was in the soundtrack for NBA Street 2.

It would come on after you hit a big shot, or made a crazy dunk.

my brother had lots of shit talked to him while that song was playing... he learned to loathe the "Champ Dance" I would do when it came on.

MichChamp02 said:
that song was in the soundtrack for NBA Street 2.

It would come on after you hit a big shot, or made a crazy dunk.

my brother had lots of shit talked to him while that song was playing... he learned to loathe the "Champ Dance" I would do when it came on.

haha man I miss playing video games with friends n it getting super competitive.

<3

[flash=350,287:zailmwr7]http://www.youtube.com/v/lluVHcOzFkk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:zailmwr7]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

The Olivia Tremor Control - just read a review of their two reissues on pitchfork...I always forget about these guys. Throwing Dusk at Cubist Castle on now

No doubt Drake needs to get as far away from Young Money as possible but I don't think it's fair to say the label has influenced him to that extent or how it comes through in the album. Drake is still doing his thing. Too much of Take Care blends together for me which is my only big issue. But there are three incredible songs on it in my opinion and three or four more that are damn solid. I'm not going to hate on the album like that.

Stevie Ray Vaughn- Texas Flood

Stevie Ray Vaughn- The Sky is Crying

Beez, I ordered that Lords of the Underground album.

When I searched for it on amazon, initially I typed "Lords of the Underworld" by mistake...

guess what came up?

TIMMAY!

MichChamp02 said:
Beez, I ordered that Lords of the Underground album.

When I searched for it on amazon, initially I typed "Lords of the Underworld" by mistake...

guess what came up?

TIMMAY!

haha

Back