Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers FO thread, Scott Harris Pres. of Baseball Ops,Tigers Hire Jeff Greenberg GM

From Jon Morosi: Just spoke with Theo Epstein, who offered this extraordinarily positive feedback on the Tigers hiring of Scott Harris, a key member of the Cubs World Series-winning front office.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdC4YCkX0AIu9pG?format=jpg&name=medium

Looking for a little clue about the pedigree of Scott Harris baseball philosophy and roster construction.
SFG were top 5 in baseball in 2021 and 2022 in walk rate..both years 9.4% or better ..this makes my heart flutter immediately..DET is currently 30/30 teams at 6.5%.
Here's what I will say about this..Scott Harris was not brought here to follow the lead of AJ Hinch..he has too much resume to be somebody's helper..and thats a good thing..it alleviates my biggest concern...the question becomes will there be chemistry.
So here's a fast analysis which essentially more questions than answers for me..Harris has a great pedigree..book smart to a fault..worked in the commissioners office early then became part of a large think group working for Theo Epstein in CHC..
Still have zero idea what his baseball philosophy is..beliefs about roster construction and style of play or players..what he is as a talent evaluator or his capacity to attract infrastructure..also what does this mean for Garko..so what do we know..not a damn thing yet..

MGorosh

Scott Harris' three tenants for the Tigers going forward:

1. Acquire, develop and retain young players

2. Create a culture of development. Players should think they can come to DET and get better

3. Controlling the strike zone on both sides is key to everything.

Scott Harris, the Tigers' new president of baseball operations, explains his vision for the organization.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1572298508463648770

Scott Harris "has the freedom" to name a general manager, Christopher Ilitch says.
Harris: "I intend to hire a GM."

Back