Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. angels 8-27-16 Game 129

Called strike 3 on Mike Trout, with 2 on base. end of inning. Nice. Trout's the sort of person who could hit a 3 run home run.

From the gameday and twitter I see that strike two to Miggy was off the corner and was a ball.
I don't know what happened with Victor for getting thrown out....
sounds like home plate ump Mike Everitt is being his usual assholish self.

It started with McCann getting called 3rd strike on a pitch that was very questionable. McCann was jawing some as well.

It started with McCann getting called 3rd strike on a pitch that was very questionable. McCann was jawing some as well.

OK so that just might be what Victor went off on. He had seen enough.
Wish I could watch, no FS1.

I saw a few....but like I said...he as been so wild that there weren't many chances to get the calls.

Oberholtzer has/had been even wilder. So what is your point? It is OK Fulmer isn't getting the calls because he is wild?

Last edited:

The announcer said that McCann needs to be careful...being the catcher.

BTW...McCann was right...that was a little low.

Oberholtzer has/had been even wilder. So what is your point? It is OK Fulmer isn't getting the calls because he is wild?

no way! Fulmer has been much wilder than Oberholtzer. Fulmer's balls are 12" off the plate and he has been missing his target as well.

That second pitch to Kinsler is way outside. The ump is just being a kunt.

Joyner and Ausmus have now been ejected.
Home plate ump Everitt is trolling the Tigers.

Ausmus and Joyner tossed. Called strike 3 on Kinsler was way low. If this isn't one-sided umpiring, then I don't what else you would call it. It certainly isn't consistent for both teams.

At this point you might as well just send a bull pen scrub out there to just punch the ump in the face.

Now JD Martinez is thrown out!!

WTF kind of game calling is this?
MLB looks at games like this and the balls and strikes of the ump.
Everitt should be held responsible for throwing out this many players coach and manager for his f'n incompetence.

Tom Verducci and Justin Kutcher are the announcers. Verducci is worse than Rod Allen to listen to.

Last edited:
Got to protect the plate with two strikes.

That pitch was right at the knees...borderline but could go either way. With the way he has been calling the game you have to protect the plate. Then to get tossed when the ball was at the knees...dumb.

That said...unless he insulted him directly...he didn't deserve to get tossed. He barely said a word. My guess is he said something that is an "auto ejection".

Back