Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. angels 8-27-16 Game 129

Now JD Martinez is thrown out!!

WTF kind of game calling is this?
MLB looks at games like this and the balls and strikes of the ump.
Everitt should be held responsible for throwing out this many players coach and manager for his f'n incompetence.

In my years of watching baseball, I have never seen any hitter get away with more crap arguing balls and strikes then this ump let Victor Martinez get away with-this ump would have been in his right to run him long earlier than he did.

Tiger bench chose to escalate the situation.

This is all on the Detroit Tigers.

Stay cool and keep your eyes on the prize.

Last edited:
To back things up a 1/2 inning...that play by Simmons was really smart. Dropping the ball for a sure DP. Heads up play.

In my years of watching baseball, I have never seen any hitter get away with more crap arguing balls and strikes then this ump let Victor Martinez get away with-this ump would have been in his right to run him long earlier than he did.

Tiger bench chose to escalate the situation.

This is all on the Detroit Tigers.

Stay cool and keep your eyes on the prize.

Guess that's hard to do when most every Tigers player at bat has a strike zone as big as Lake Michigan. MLB Manfred's office will look into it.

That pitch was right at the knees...borderline but could go either way. With the way he has been calling the game you have to protect the plate. Then to get tossed when the ball was at the knees...dumb.

That said...unless he insulted him directly...he didn't deserve to get tossed. He barely said a word. My guess is he said something that is an "auto ejection".

Really my understanding of the rules are that it's a justifiable ejection if a hitter argues balls and strikes at all. Most umpires let bit slide.

After what Victor Martinez was let to get away with, every Tiger going forward in this game should've been smart enough to just shut up-nothing good is gonna come of jawing off.

League is going to support the umpire all the way. V-Mart likely facing a suspension.

This game is still winnable.

League is going to support the umpire all the way. V-Mart likely facing a suspension.

This game is still winnable.

Umps have been fined and/or suspended for this especially when they called a bad game of balls and strikes. But also, Victor might get a game off for throwing the helmet on the field and the bitch fest.

Umps have been fined and/or suspended for this especially when they called a bad game of balls and strikes. But also, Victor might get a game off for throwing the helmet on the field and the bitch fest.

OK well then we'll see.

What I saw primarily was Victor Martinez getting way overwound about a called strike that wasn't even a called strike three, and then the Detroit Tigers unraveling from there.

If MLB ends up seeing it differently that's fine with me.

Collins in for the ejected Victor Martinez rips a single to right, lead run at the plate.

Back