Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox ALCS Game 4 Thread

Agreed, this isn't playstation.

Ball hit on the ground...go to the bag and stick out your glove. Lesson over. He was good at 1st. It's no risk. Tui played 1st sometimes and so does Donnie Kelly. I wonder if he still has a 1st baseman's glove in the dug out. The only baseball player on the planet who couldn't play 1st was Carlos Guillen.

All kidding aside with my above post, stretching towards the ball may potentially risk hurting him further???

Right but the inning before the Ellsbury double, Peralta handled it badly, took a poor route to get the carom off the wall, and was not quick to pick it up.

If Ellsbury had not stumbled a bit going past 1st, it would have been a triple, not that it mattered anyways.

Understood and I'm guessing that may have played a large roll in his decision to take away an at bat for him...I just hate seeing leads become smaller and not having our best hitters still in there getting that last at bat over the replacement.

Last edited:
Great night AJ. On base 4 times....no surprise we have a big lead and scored some runs.

I hate the idea of Benoit pitching the 9th....because he's so damn deliberate and I want to go to bed.

Last edited:
Torri chases ball 4 and leaves miggy in deck again...oh I mean Ramon

Wouldn't ya have loved to see miggy get up there instead of Ramon if Torri hadn't chased

Understood and I'm guessing that may have played a large roll in his decision to take away an at bat for him...I just hate seeing leads become smaller and not having our best hitters still in there getting that last at bat over the replacement.

I agree, I wish we had players who were good/healthy enough at defense to play 9+ innings.

closer in a non save sit to kill his confidence even further after he gives up 3 runs...

Not smart to use him here. Don't let them see him and get used to him with a 5 run lead. Keep the in game info minimal.

Back