Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread July 6

AJ has a 13 game hitting streak.
Not wishing ill on anyone, but if one of the "All Star" outfielders got knee capped over the weekend it should put a very deserving AJ in the game. He deserves it! Unless there's still another Ranger not on the team...

Not wishing ill on anyone, but if one of the "All Star" outfielders got knee capped over the weekend it should put a very deserving AJ in the game. He deserves it! Unless there's still another Ranger not on the team...

He does deserve it. Hopefully this is one of those situations where the "snub" fuels him the rest of the year.

Have you said he's horrible since he's been back?

Am I required to?

Lots of players on this team are horrible, I don't feel I have to name them all.

I pick on Young because, A) he's an asshole and I don't like him. and, B) he's killing us in the 5 hole.

So here: Raburn has been bad since coming back up, .250 BA, 6 doubles, and 3 RBI, 3 BB and 9 K's.

There, case closed.

Damn, did we just win a game against a team we were expected to beat?

I'm scared now.

Am I required to?

Lots of players on this team are horrible, I don't feel I have to name them all.

I pick on Young because, A) he's an asshole and I don't like him. and, B) he's killing us in the 5 hole.

So here: Raburn has been bad since coming back up, .250 BA, 6 doubles, and 3 RBI, 3 BB and 9 K's.

There, case closed.
Well NOW I can't use "ever since".

Tigers win 4 - 2,
Valverde closes it out for save 16,
Smyly with the win,
Most important is the Tigers are finally back to .500

From the ESPN Tigers home page:

The Tigers have not been at .500 since they were 18-18 on May 15. Since then (entering Friday), the team has had 8 chances to get back to .500 and lost all 8 games. A win tonight evens the Tigers record at 42-42.

10 strikeouts, 0 walks never done by a Tigers rookie before.

Says Dickerson.

Well it should still be "Africa hot" for tomorrow's 4 pm game. Chen vs Fister.

Last edited:
third 3-game win streak for the Tigers since the 9-3 start (May 25-27, June 16, 17, 19).
a 10 game win streak would look better.

Last edited:
Back