Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

We're messing with on opening day of the football season?

AND the Tigers are playing another important game - they're all important at this point.

But, if you guys want to, carry on.

I'll not be sending any angry to either the believers or the non-believers who post on this thread today.

Although I may end up sending an angry e-mail to myself for having done so.

you blame all christians over what a few do?

Who said that? We blame what Christians do on the bible and the people who teach the bible.

Edit: Do you blame all Muslims for what Al Qaeda/ISIS does? No, you blame the teachings and the book that those teachings come from. I also blame the individuals that cause the problems.

no you seem to blame all of a particular religion for those extremists that pervert their religion for their own gain

no you seem to blame all of a particular religion for those extremists that pervert their religion for their own gain

I absolutely blame the religion. 100% the religion's fault. The Qur'an teaches some very violent things, but the Muslims who ignore those parts (the good ones) conveniently leave that out when they say Islam is a peaceful religion.

Your religion's book has a psychopath as the deity and dozens of little rules that result in being killed. Most of them are ridiculous and almost every Christian I know rejects them. HOWEVER, when idiots start talking about how gay people made a choice and that they're going to burn in hell or shouldn't be allowed to marry...it shows their bigotry. You choose to forget all of the other things that God hates, but homosexuality is burned in your tiny little brainwashed heads. Loved your comment on Disney pushing the gay thing on us, by the way. Intelligent response. Very.

Are Christians responsible for everything every other Christian does? No. But Christianity is just in the way Islam is responsible for Al Qaeda.

and tell me how they've perverted the religion...please. I'm most interested in this response.

Your religion's book has a psychopath as the deity...

Psychopath?

You mean because of the flood, and instructing Abraham to sacrifice his son?

Psychopath is pretty strong.

I would just leave it at, Dude has some issues...

Psychopath?

You mean because of the flood, and instructing Abraham to sacrifice his son?

Psychopath is pretty strong.

I would just leave it at, Dude has some issues...

How about egomaniac with psychopathic tendencies?

How about egomaniac with psychopathic tendencies?

I suppose.

If In the Beginning, I had Created the Heaven and the Earth myself, I'd be a little all, "Man, I'm the Shit" myself.

There's this old rocker/music promoter joke that goes "I'm never gonna get married again. Instead, every five years, I'm gonna just find some bitch I really hate, and buy her a house."

Anyway, Friday I'm gonna go and bury the old music promoter who first told me that joke.

He once was married to a great friend of mine from Michigan.

He died about a couple weeks ago.

That, and the shocking way Robin suddenly went, has got me thinking about a deity, or a lack of one thereof, and any kind of afterlife, or lack of one thereof.

What I know is...I know nothing.

I suppose.

If In the Beginning, I had Created the Heaven and the Earth myself, I'd be a little all, "Man, I'm the Shit" myself.

There's this old rocker/music promoter joke that goes "I'm never gonna get married again. Instead, every five years, I'm gonna just find some bitch I really hate, and buy her a house."

Anyway, Friday I'm gonna go and bury the old music promoter who first told me that joke.

He once was married to a great friend of mine from Michigan.

He died about a couple weeks ago.

That, and the shocking way Robin suddenly went, has got me thinking about a deity, or a lack of one thereof, and any kind of afterlife, or lack of one thereof.

What I know is...I know nothing.

Tends to happen to me as well. Lost my grandmother last Monday. Death is hard to deal with when you realize it's forever and you'll never see them again. Memories help.

my high school's sister high school fired a teacher for getting pregnant while being a lesbian:

"She is gay but said she believes the public, visible nature of a pregnancy led to her firing. She learned she was pregnant in June, told her employer in July and was fired in mid-August, Webb said."

Too bad nothing will come from thise aside from some bad press. These institutions are protected by crooked mf'ers who think we are a christian nation.

my high school's sister high school fired a teacher for getting pregnant while being a lesbian:

"She is gay but said she believes the public, visible nature of a pregnancy led to her firing. She learned she was pregnant in June, told her employer in July and was fired in mid-August, Webb said."

Sounds like the pregnancy was a surprise to her.

If that's the case, it seems to me she is not entirely exclusively gay.

Sounds like the pregnancy was a surprise to her.

If that's the case, it seems to me she is not entirely exclusively gay.

I didn't get that from the article.

Also, Marian is probably well within their rights for terminating her, but that doesn't mean their policy should be beyond scrutiny, or that they should be exempt from criticism here. Though of course, that's what their defenders seem to think.

plus I doubt the Jesus character written about in the Bible - who their church is based on - would've fired her, so it seems hypocritical.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get that from the article.

The term "learned of" seems inconsistent to me regarding somebody who was consciously making attempts to achieve it with a turkey baster, or whatever apparatus was being used...

But that's just the way I read it.

If I were the reporter and I was aware she was in fact attempting to make herself pregnant, I would have written it differently.

I don't get that the pregnancy was a surprise from the article either. In fact, it makes it sound as if she were artificially inseminated with the whole non-traditional pregnancy part.

I don't get that the pregnancy was a surprise from the article either. In fact, it makes it sound as if she were artificially inseminated with the whole non-traditional pregnancy part.

Yes, I confess I hadn't actually read the article; I just can almost never pass up on a turkey baster joke.

So I have read it now.

Webb, who has been with her partner, Kristen Lasecki, 33, for 5 ? years, said she wasn?t asked how she got pregnant. She said the pregnancy was ?nontraditional,? and that appears to be what mattered to school administrators. She hasn?t decided whether to take legal action, she said.

Now, if I were the objective journalist writing this article, what I would want to know, was that, if indeed the non-traditional pregnancy was intentional, is, did Kristen consider what ramifications it might have at her workplace as she and her partner considering undergoing this?

Yes, I confess I hadn't actually read the article; I just can almost never pass up on a turkey baster joke.

So I have read it now.

Webb, who has been with her partner, Kristen Lasecki, 33, for 5 ? years, said she wasn’t asked how she got pregnant. She said the pregnancy was “nontraditional,” and that appears to be what mattered to school administrators. She hasn’t decided whether to take legal action, she said.

Now, if I were the objective journalist writing this article, what I would want to know, was that, if indeed the non-traditional pregnancy was intentional, is, did Kristen consider what ramifications it might have at her workplace as she and her partner considering undergoing this?
I'm guessing not. or maybe she figured that as she was a teacher and coach in good standing, and they were Christians, they would have mercy on her situation and allow her to remain (SUCKER!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back