Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

It appears as if I've stumbled into a 7th grade class trying to debate the idea that religion is a fallacy.

It appears as if I've stumbled into a 7th grade class trying to debate the idea that religion is a fallacy.

fallacy- noun- a mistaken belief, especially one based on an unsound argument

all religions are based on unsound arguments.

fallacy- noun- a mistaken belief, especially one based on an unsound argument

all religions are based on unsound arguments.

A pretty sound mind that belonged to a guy named Aristotle concluded that there is a God. You can't argue God in or out of existence. You just have the free will to decide one way or another. This is a pretty bright group of people in this forum who are relying on celebrities to convince them but God doesn't exist. That's disappointing.

A pretty sound mind that belonged to a guy named Aristotle concluded that there is a God. You can't argue God in or out of existence. You just have the free will to decide one way or another. This is a pretty bright group of people in this forum who are relying on celebrities to convince them but God doesn't exist. That's disappointing.

I just don't get why religious people give God all the praise but none of the blame. So God saved demar hamlin. But God didn't shake the lives out of those 60000 people in turkey?

Here is my proof there is no God.

Jesus spoke Aramaic. He called God Allah. In Aramaic Allah literally translates to "the god." Most Arabs are Islam. When you ask someone of Islamic faith if they believe in God they will tell you there is no god... only Allah.

So there is no God... only the God... but they already told you there is none.

The word that Jesus would have used to refer to God, being Galilean, is "Elaha". Other uses were "Eloi", and "Eli". When quoted in scripture saying "my God, my God, why has thou forsaken me? " The term "Eloi" is often cited.

Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying: Eloi, Eloi, lamma sabacthani?

He also referred to God as "Father".

I can't account for the blame or credit people assign to God in reference to the occurrence of natural events. Is an earthquake an "act of God?" A tsunami? I don't know. Life on earth is brief in any event, but I also believe in the eternal life that Jesus secured for me on the Cross.

Man... I looked up his history on the issue and it's ugly. And he later had another son beaten to death, by a guy dating the mother.

A lot of ugliness there, and I imagine AP is far from being alone among football players when it comes to domestic abuse. And the coaches and owners aren't exactly pillars of morality either.

There's a lot of things that can serve as an indictment for humanity... the NFL as a whole is one of them.

The world is a cesspool of iniquity and it's invasive throughout all "institutions" that we "revere."

No need to be so condescending. Our discourse here is at least on an 8th grade level, and occasionally HS frosh level.

Of course you can?t.

It?s not logical nor reasonable.

That?s why when every time I claim not to be religious, I always add that I?m also not an atheist.

Well, c'mon ... "Ricky Gervais said?" ...

He's right. Do you believe in all 2500+ gods we have on this planet? I believe your faith probably tells you you're not allowed to believe in false prophets.

So i commend you on your faith... it's what you choose to believe.

If we look at what we have visible to us I think we as a people more closely align with Inanna... the Summerian god of sex war and fertility. Cause that's all we literally do....

The Bible actually steals alot of the summerian stories. So the "Word of god" often tends to plagiarize. The Bible is the ChatGPT of its time.

He's right. Do you believe in all 2500+ gods we have on this planet? I believe your faith probably tells you you're not allowed to believe in false prophets.

So i commend you on your faith... it's what you choose to believe.

If we look at what we have visible to us I think we as a people more closely align with Inanna... the Summerian god of sex war and fertility. Cause that's all we literally do....

The Bible actually steals alot of the summerian stories. So the "Word of god" often tends to plagiarize. The Bible is the ChatGPT of its time.

I believe in the God who says He is God ("I Am"). Only One God fulfills that requirement. It's concupiscence that drives us succumb to our base nature, not some fictitious goddess.

Last edited:
This week in religion.

School shooting in Christian Presbyterian school. Trangender 28 year old didn't feel welcome in her Christian schools upbringing and decided to take it out on a bunch of kids.

Clap it out for religion!

This week in religion.

School shooting in Christian Presbyterian school. Trangender 28 year old didn't feel welcome in her Christian schools upbringing and decided to take it out on a bunch of kids.

Clap it out for religion!

Hmmmm.

How is it not the shooter that was behaving badly?

I was raised Catholic, i didn?t choose to continue practicing as an adult.

I?ve never felt compelled to shoot anyone.

Hmmmm.

How is it not the shooter that was behaving badly?

I was raised Catholic, i didn?t choose to continue practicing as an adult.

I?ve never felt compelled to shoot anyone.

Did you feel welcome...as a human being... in your catholic upbringing?

She he didn't. Good job religion. That's the work of God right there!

Last edited:

How do you know what Audrey felt, and so what anyway? That?s not grounds for what she did.

What I wanted to feel welcome to do was not participate, and when I became an adult I made that choice.

My understanding is she was having some interactions with some dude with the church for counseling of some sort, so she couldn?t have felt that unwelcome.

It?s likely she was on heavy testosterone to feel more like a dude.

Well, she acted more like a dude, for sure.

Last edited:

This level of impotent deduction is apparently not so difficult to attain.

God made her a mental fuck up. Then God allowed her to buy 7 guns and kill a bunch of kids. Good job god!

God also made you stupid then allowed you to buy a computer with an internet connection so you could let everyone know what he did to you.

Last edited:
God also made you stupid then allowed you to buy a computer with an internet connection so you could let everyone know what he did to you.

I just find it amusing how god does everything that's great like save demar hamlin.... but he has nothing to do with people dying in an earthquake, dying at Christian schools, dying in religious wars that are fought literally in the name of God.

Hughes, your objections lack critical thinking, despite the level of criticism.

Back