Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

How about this - what if that priest is binary, and ?we? is his natural first pronoun?

Can the revocations of the baptisms be reversed?

I'm not familiar with the Church's position on transgender persons. I think we'll need to wait until Byco gets back or finishes his internet cleanse or whatever in order to find out. I don't trust anyone else here on theological
matters.

How about this - what if that priest is binary, and ?we? is his natural first pronoun?

Can the revocations of the baptisms be reversed?

"non" binary. And isn't the rainbow bridge where dead Norwegians and Swedes cross over into Valhalla? My high school mascot was the Norsemen and Rainbow Bridge was the name of the supply store in the school - pretty sure it was a reference to Norse mythology since the rainbow hadn't been coopted by the LGTBQ+ at that point. Our yearbooks are called "Valhalla"

"non" binary. And isn't the rainbow bridge where dead Norwegians and Swedes cross over into Valhalla? My high school mascot was the Norsemen and Rainbow Bridge was the name of the supply store in the school - pretty sure it was a reference to Norse mythology since the rainbow hadn't been coopted by the LGTBQ+ at that point. Our yearbooks are called "Valhalla"

Oh.

I am always confused by these sorts of things.

Don?t know about the Norse folklore.

I only know of the rainbow bridge as a place where, when your pet dies, your pet waits at the end of that bridge for you to join them eventually.

Oh.

I am always confused by these sorts of things.

Don?t know about the Norse folklore.

I only know of the rainbow bridge as a place where, when your pet dies, your pet waits at the end of that bridge for you to join them eventually.

I think the Viking thing predates the pet thing by a bit (quick Bing search says the pet thing is from a series of poems published in the 1980s). I was close on the Norse thing but not quite accurate - all viking folk cross the rainbow bridge into Asgard (realm of the gods) but Valhalla is a Hall in Asgard that's only for Vikings that died in battle.

I think the Viking thing predates the pet thing by a bit (quick Bing search says the pet thing is from a series of poems published in the 1980s). I was close on the Norse thing but not quite accurate - all viking folk cross the rainbow bridge into Asgard (realm of the gods) but Valhalla is a Hall in Asgard that's only for Vikings that died in battle.

Talk about cultural appropriation.

There are no bridges or rainbows in the story, but in Greek mythology, Odysseus?s loyal and faithful dog Argos survives for decades waiting for his master to return from the Trojan wars.

When he sees his master has returned, Argos apparently feels he has fulfilled his duty and feel free to finally let go of life.

Argos?s aging is symbolic of the decay that has befallen Ithaca since Odysseus?s departure for the Trojan wars. From his reunification with his dog, Odysseus reclaims Ithaca and restore is it to it?s righteous state.

Homer doesn?t let us know if there is any kind of reunification at the rainbow bridge.

main-qimg-10fb9d9ec837871bc9fd69fd8d9e00a4-c

Here's one that doesn't involve Catholics, or the Catholic church (Link):
MIDLAND, Texas ? Five people were in jail after Midland Police made arrests at Midland Christian School Wednesday morning.

According to the Midland Police Department, three administrators and two coaches at Midland Christian School were arrested and charged with Failure To Report With Intent To Conceal Neglect Or Abuse.

The assault reportedly took place at Christensen Stadium around January 20, 2022 during a baseball practice.

The victim, whose name is not being released due to his age, was interviewed by Children's Advocacy Center.

During the interview, he told the forensic interviewer that he had been in the locker room to change when the lights were turned off.

Another student told the victim that it was "freshman initiation day" before someone began to hit the victim.

The victim said he was then pushed to the ground while still being hit and everyone was screaming at him. He stated he attempted to hit his attacker but was told he was not allowed to hit back.

According to the affidavit, the victim then stated he was sexually assaulted using a bat.
During the investigation, officers determined that the five people arrested all had knowledge of the sexual assault but did not report it as required by the Texas Family Code.

If they had to discipline any of those kids, it might cost their baseball team some W's.

Midland is the neighboring town of Odessa, TX, the inspiration for the movie and tv show "Friday Night Lights" about how important high school football is for uneducated small town Americans who our country has essentially abandoned to Wall Street and Big Pharma predation. Priorities...

Talk about cultural appropriation.

There are no bridges or rainbows in the story, but in Greek mythology, Odysseus?s loyal and faithful dog Argos survives for decades waiting for his master to return from the Trojan wars.

When he sees his master has returned, Argos apparently feels he has fulfilled his duty and feel free to finally let go of life.

Argos?s aging is symbolic of the decay that has befallen Ithaca since Odysseus?s departure for the Trojan wars. From his reunification with his dog, Odysseus reclaims Ithaca and restore is it to it?s righteous state.

Homer doesn?t let us know if there is any kind of reunification at the rainbow bridge.

I had no idea Odysseus was from upstate NY. I've personally never been but all my Cornell friends tell me it's "gorge-ous"

it's a pun based on the fact that there are a lot of gorges there

Parents and kids at the "Stronghold Christian Church in Lithonia, Georgia" attacked and beat a basketball ref, sending him to the hospital.

"Stronghold Christian Church" you say? Wonder where these monsters are getting their ideas of violent resistance from

Parents and kids at the "Stronghold Christian Church in Lithonia, Georgia" attacked and beat a basketball ref, sending him to the hospital.

"Stronghold Christian Church" you say? Wonder where these monsters are getting their ideas of violent resistance from

you seem to think these posts are funny. It was a group of black kids and their parents. Would the post be as funny in a thread called "Today's example of black people behaving badly"?

you seem to think these posts are funny. It was a group of black kids and their parents. Would the post be as funny in a thread called "Today's example of black people behaving badly"?

I... uh...

what?

Do you understand the difference between religion and race, and Christianity's position as the dominant religion in this country?

Anyways, this is the most popular - by far - thread on the religion board, so go pee up a tree.

You really should start reading the articles you post. This was a game between two AAU teams using the church's facilities. this wasn't a church sponsored event, it didn't involve a church team and it seems the only affiliation to the church is they allowed the teams to use their facility.

R.e939ad7672a7fd7d2648d5224bb7b97d

Last edited:
I... uh...

what?

Do you understand the difference between religion and race, and Christianity's position as the dominant religion in this country?

Anyways, this is the most popular - by far - thread on the religion board, so go pee up a tree.

everyone understands the difference. Now that it's been pointed out that the game was between two AAU teams using the church's facility, what do you have to say? Do you still blame this behavior on "Christianity?"

Last edited:
I... uh...

what?

of course...but blaming kids and their parents for fighting because they may or may not be Christians makes about as much sense as blaming them because they are black.

of course...but blaming kids and their parents for fighting because they may or may not be Christians makes about as much sense as blaming them because they are black.

I blame both their religion and their race, just like I blame both for Will Smith and Chris Rock at the Oscars.

I blame both their religion and their race, just like I blame both for Will Smith and Chris Rock at the Oscars.

can you please move all the posts about BLM riots to the Christian's behaving badly thread?

Edit: that might set mc off - he'd probably prefer you put any BLM related riot posts in the "Christians Behaving Well" thread.

Last edited:
I thought the board's Catholics might post an update to this thread about the Southern Baptists own child molestation issues and report.

Came out a few weeks ago and are extremely damning...

No? I have to do everything around here.

I thought the board's Catholics might post an update to this thread about the Southern Baptists own child molestation issues and report.

Came out a few weeks ago and are extremely damning...

No? I have to do everything around here.

it's already been explained that rates of sexual assault of minors at these institutions happen at virtually the same rate as society at large and at lower rates than some institutions, like the LAUSD. But the real reason people don't rush here to point these things out is that there's only one hyper partisan hack poster here so consumed by hate that they need to spout off every time they see a headline that tweaks a nerve. In case you haven't figure out who that one poster is - it's you.

Last edited:
Back