Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

But when people make their all or nothing arguments about the validity of one religion or another or none, that's about the institutions that exist in time. There are no 2 unchanging truths existing out of time to compare.

Any christian church that denies the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist fails to proclaim the Truth about Jesus. This is an ?all-or-nothing? position. The Catholic Church does exist in time, but the Truth it proclaims is timeless, and the Church will one day ?pass away? when Jesus returns.

And I am not considering non-christian religions in any way. There?s nothing to compare and contrast.

When he was eleven?

Yeah. That sounds about right.

I'm not saying I'd hold him to it, unless I need to so I can be part of this team up against the heretic - which I haven't really made my mind up on. Still in a pretty great mood over football.

Last edited:
Yeah. That sounds about right.

I'm not saying I'd hold him to it, unless I need to so I can be part of this team up against the heretic - which I haven't really made my mind up on. Still in a pretty great mood over football.

Yeah, me too.

I think that MC thinks that Gulo or I should declare the other a heretic. Or, best-case, we each declare the other as one.

Last edited:
When he was eleven?

I don?t think our friend MC has ever professed to be a believer on the DSF.

I've been an atheist for several years longer than the DSF has existed.

I mentally declared it when I was 25, and nothing happened to me (no bolt of lightning or burning bush appeared or any of that kinda crap). It was pretty anti-climactic, as a matter of fact. But it felt good to have that issue resolved in my mind. Have never reconsidered the decision.

I've been an atheist for several years longer than the DSF has existed.

I mentally declared it when I was 25, and nothing happened to me (no bolt of lightning or burning bush appeared or any of that kinda crap). It was pretty anti-climactic, as a matter of fact. But it felt good to have that issue resolved in my mind. Have never reconsidered the decision.

You are the goods, MC. I stand by that statement.

I think that MC thinks that Gulo or I should declare the other a heretic. Or, best-case, we each declare the other as one.

I can't do that! You're an exceptional Catholic resource. Maybe we should talk on Catholics behaving well.

I mentally declared it when I was 25
Picture1-1200x672.png

I can't do that! You're an exceptional Catholic resource. Maybe we should talk on Catholics behaving well.

And I?d never consider the same. You are also a great source of knowledge and you help me to refine my apologetics. There?s a lot of discord in the Church these days.

in catholic school, they taught us it was better to be an atheist than a lukewarm catholic. I think the intention was to motivate us to be more pious and devout.

but either way, I am not a lukewarm catholic.

So I got that going for me.

in catholic school, they taught us it was better to be an atheist than a lukewarm catholic. I think the intention was to motivate us to be more pious and devout.

but either way, I am not a lukewarm catholic.

So I got that going for me.

I agree with this. REV 3:15-16.

Today's Update comes from TINSELtown:
LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles nun and school principal who stole more than $800,000 to pay for a gambling habit was sentenced Monday to a year in federal prison.

Mary Margaret Kreuper, 80, admitted to stealing the money from 2008 to 2018 while she was principal at St. James Catholic School in the LA suburb of Torrance.
Now that's a nun with a bad habit! Get it?

a-sexy-habit-four-piece-nun-costume.jpg

Today's Update comes from TINSELtown:
LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles nun and school principal who stole more than $800,000 to pay for a gambling habit was sentenced Monday to a year in federal prison.

Mary Margaret Kreuper, 80, admitted to stealing the money from 2008 to 2018 while she was principal at St. James Catholic School in the LA suburb of Torrance.
Now that's a nun with a bad habit! Get it?

a-sexy-habit-four-piece-nun-costume.jpg

She looks remarkably young for 80 years old.

Talk about a big OOOPSIE:
A Catholic priest in Arizona resigned after discovering he incorrectly performed thousands of baptisms for over 20 years

As he administered the ritual, Rev. Andres Arango would say, "We baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit." However, the correct wording is "I baptize," per the Vatican's instruction, wrote Thomas J. Olmsted, Bishop of the Diocese of Phoenix, in a January 14 message.

Still, the official Diocese of Phoenix website said that Father Arango's one-word alteration means that "all of the baptisms he has performed until June 17, 2021, are presumed invalid." The diocese also called for those who believe Father Arango had incorrectly baptized them to submit their contact details to receive the proper rite.

Another article reports that this also invalidates all the other sacraments those incorrectly baptised received, such as First Communion, and Confirmation. Invalidating your Baptism basically fucks everything else up.

Hopefully, none of the incorrectly Baptized have died yet. THey'd be surprised to find themselves Burning in Hell for All Eternity, because of one word someone uttered incorrectly while they were an infant.

Sorry, but RULES ARE RULES.

Talk about a big OOOPSIE:
A Catholic priest in Arizona resigned after discovering he incorrectly performed thousands of baptisms for over 20 years

As he administered the ritual, Rev. Andres Arango would say, "We baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit." However, the correct wording is "I baptize," per the Vatican's instruction, wrote Thomas J. Olmsted, Bishop of the Diocese of Phoenix, in a January 14 message.

Still, the official Diocese of Phoenix website said that Father Arango's one-word alteration means that "all of the baptisms he has performed until June 17, 2021, are presumed invalid." The diocese also called for those who believe Father Arango had incorrectly baptized them to submit their contact details to receive the proper rite.

Another article reports that this also invalidates all the other sacraments those incorrectly baptised received, such as First Communion, and Confirmation. Invalidating your Baptism basically fucks everything else up.

Hopefully, none of the incorrectly Baptized have died yet. THey'd be surprised to find themselves Burning in Hell for All Eternity, because of one word someone uttered incorrectly while they were an infant.

Sorry, but RULES ARE RULES.

That's one way to get people back in church that may have stopped attending.

Cardinal Glick would be proud.

Last edited:
That's one way to get people back in church that may have stopped attending.

Cardinal Glick would be proud.

What I am wondering is are they entitled to refunds for donations they have made to the church over the years?

Or?do they get their refund from Saint Peter himself at the Rainbow Bridge, right before he sends them straight to Hell?

?I have good news and bad news. The bad news is because father Arango fucked up your baptism, I have no choice but to send you to hell for all of eternity. The good truth is, here?s your money back.?

What I am wondering is are they entitled to refunds for donations they have made to the church over the years?

Or?do they get their refund from Saint Peter himself at the Rainbow Bridge, right before he sends them straight to Hell?

?I have good news and bad news. The bad news is because father Arango fucked up your baptism, I have no choice but to send you to hell for all of eternity. The good truth is, here?s your money back.?

The Catholic Church has had a strict NO REFUNDS policy for over a 1,000 years, man.

Back