Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving well

The definition from
that storybook they have in churches and motel rooms?

HEY Do not associate the word of our lord with Motel 6 or Knights Inn. He's way more majestic than that.

Hotels only... Sheraton, Marriott or better. And only Air Bnbs that cost more than $250/night (2 night minimum) from hosts that have 4.0 star and up avg. ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY Do not associate the word of our lord with Motel 6 or Knights Inn. He's way more majestic than that.

Hotels only... Sheraton, Marriott or better. And only Air Bnbs that cost more than $250/night (2 night minimum) from hosts that have 4.0 star and up avg. ratings.

You seem to have forgotten that Our Blessed Lord was born in a manger.

more stories from a story book.

Joe must have been pretty gullible. His wife is a virgin but she gets prego and he believes her story?

Joe: "So, Mary, we haven't consummated our marriage, but you are prego. WTF??"
Mary: "God did it."
Joe: "OK, sounds reasonable"

more stories from a story book.

Joe must have been pretty gullible. His wife is a virgin but she gets prego and he believes her story?

Joe: "So, Mary, we haven't consummated our marriage, but you are prego. WTF??"
Mary: "God did it."
Joe: "OK, sounds reasonable"

If you took the time to read scripture, you’d know that’s not in any way a remotely accurate interpretation. If you are going to criticize or mock the account of Jesus’ conception, at least have some rudimentary understanding of how it happened.

Matthew 7:6

Last edited:
If you took the time to read scripture, you?d know that?s not in any way a remotely accurate interpretation. If you are going to criticize or mock the account of Jesus? conception, at least have some rudimentary understanding of how it happened.

Matthew 7:6

I would get just as many "facts" from reading a Dr Seuss children's book.

I would get just as many "facts" from reading a Dr Seuss children's book.

Think on the actual process ? and expense ? of recording information in the first century and in the subsequent 1436 years and ask yourself why anyone would willfully document a complete falsehood like this, especially at the risk of their very lives.

Actually, never mind.

Think on the actual process ? and expense ? of recording information in the first century and in the subsequent 1436 years and ask yourself why anyone would willfully document a complete falsehood like this, especially at the risk of their very lives.

Actually, never mind.

Religion is the first, oldest, and best con. Tell people what they want to hear for money.

Follow us and do what we say and after you die you will have eternal life. An eternity full of happiness. You will be able to see all of your loved ones that died before you. You will be able to look down on those you left behind. They feed on every persons biggest fear...dying. It's quite brilliant. The original snake oil salesmen.

:cheers:

Religion is the first, oldest, and best con. Tell people what they want to hear for money.

Follow us and do what we say and after you die you will have eternal life. An eternity full of happiness. You will be able to see all of your loved ones that died before you. You will be able to look down on those you left behind. They feed on every persons biggest fear...dying. It's quite brilliant. The original snake oil salesmen.

The original 12 apostles except one were martyred for their faith in Christ. Horribly executed. So have countless other believers right up until this moment. Beheaded, roasted, fried, torched, frozen to death, flayed, crucified. Seems to me that what they believe is either the truth or this con is really on. Christ Himself endured a horrific death ? for a con?

Because my Kingdom is not of this world, I have no fear of dying. And I follow no person anywhere.

And we all have eternal life: it?s just a matter of where we spend it.

-30-

The original 12 apostles except one were martyred for their faith in Christ. Horribly executed. So have countless other believers right up until this moment. Beheaded, roasted, fried, torched, frozen to death, flayed, crucified. Seems to me that what they believe is either the truth or this con is really on. Christ Himself endured a horrific death ? for a con?

-30-

so the "story" goes.

Even if true, people will sacrifice their own lives because they believe something that is probably not true. Remember those 900 people that died in Jonestown because they believed a story?

giphy.gif

so the "story" goes.

Even if true, people will sacrifice their own lives because they believe something that is probably not true. Remember those 900 people that died in Jonestown because they believed a story?

If you think those poor souls willingly ?drank the kool-aid? why were armed guards present? This tragedy is in no way similar to people who willingly die before renouncing their faith in Christ.

The key word here is ?endorse?. A same-sex civil union or marriage is 180-degrees out of phase with what Jesus Christ, through the Church He established, teaches about marriage, which is a life-long covenant between one man and one woman.

To willfully contradict the person of Jesus Christ is, indeed, wicked, and no joke.

Can you please point out the quote by Jesus that says exactly what you're claiming?

Like specifically, where did Christ say; "Marriage is between one man and one woman, period."

Or are you just taking poetic license and assuming you know what he thought because that's what the church decided.

Can you please point out the quote by Jesus that says exactly what you're claiming?

Like specifically, where did Christ say; "Marriage is between one man and one woman, period."

Or are you just taking poetic license and assuming you know what he thought because that's what the church decided.

All of these versus demonstrate that God’s covenant of marriage is reserved for one man and one woman. (Click on the sub-links for context)

Link

Here’s reference to divorce, which demonstrates the same: Link

And Jesus’ himself amended the law of divorce here and here.

Here’s another example where the Pharisees were trying to trick Jesus, much as you are trying to do here. link .

Finally: Matthew 19:1

And it came to pass when Jesus had ended these words, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judea, beyond Jordan. [2] And great multitudes followed him: and he healed them there. [3] And there came to him the Pharisees tempting him, and saying: Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? [4] Who answering, said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made man from the beginning, made them male and female? And he said: ... [5] For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be in one flesh.

... [6] Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. ...

In case this is insufficient, here are more examples from scripture:

link

I’ll also remind that Jesus’ first miracle was at a wedding feast. That’s not a coincidence.

Something else: God, Abraham, his descendants. And there is not a single reference in scripture regarding marriage that demonstrates anything else except that it’s a covenant between man and wife.

Another thing: Jesus, being God, often cites OT versus, because He created that, too. I think my point is self-evident.

Last edited:
everyone knows it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. If it were Adam and Steve there wouldn't be any kids.

Of course, if Adam and Eve had kids, wouldn't the siblings have to fuck in order to have kids of their own?

It's kind of confusing...

All of these versus demonstrate that God?s covenant of marriage is reserved for one man and one woman. (Click on the sub-links for context)

Link

Here?s reference to divorce, which demonstrates the same: Link

And Jesus? himself amended the law of divorce here and here.

Here?s another example where the Pharisees were trying to trick Jesus, much as you are trying to do here. link .

Finally: Matthew 19:1

And it came to pass when Jesus had ended these words, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judea, beyond Jordan. [2] And great multitudes followed him: and he healed them there. [3] And there came to him the Pharisees tempting him, and saying: Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? [4] Who answering, said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made man from the beginning, made them male and female? And he said: ... [5] For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be in one flesh.

... [6] Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. ...

In case this is insufficient, here are more examples from scripture:

link

I?ll also remind that Jesus? first miracle was at a wedding feast. That?s not a coincidence.

Something else: God, Abraham, his descendants. And there is not a single reference in scripture regarding marriage that demonstrates anything else except that it?s a covenant between man and wife.

Another thing: Jesus, being God, often cites OT versus, because He created that, too. I think my point is self-evident.

It's a pretty huge jump to connect those dots in to saying that Jesus said marriage is between a man and a woman. Let's forget for a moment the whole jesus = god thing and just take that whoever jesus was, his message was primarily about love, compassion and understanding. But some people just can't see the forest for the trees, and will continue to use his life as a basis for hate and discrimination. Though it seems at least that your pope knows the forest is out there, I hope he prays for you.

It's a pretty huge jump to connect those dots in to saying that Jesus said marriage is between a man and a woman. Let's forget for a moment the whole jesus = god thing and just take that whoever jesus was, his message was primarily about love, compassion and understanding. But some people just can't see the forest for the trees, and will continue to use his life as a basis for hate and discrimination. Though it seems at least that your pope knows the forest is out there, I hope he prays for you.

I can’t account for their cognitive dissonance. I also offered many examples that clearly illustrate the point and I question if you even reviewed them. All of them referred to only man and woman. And there’s the 9th Commandment, too. If you chose to ignore this evidence, that’s your prerogative.

Our Blessed Lord commands us to love our neighbor. And his message also was about repentance. The pope is in error in regards to his position on civil unions. My opposition to his position does not translate to “hate” but merely “opposition.” Besides, the Supreme Court has decided on this issue, in error, but it has decided.

As for the Holy Father, I know that he does pray for me as I do for him. Every day, during my daily Rosary.

Last edited:
Back