Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline 2019

Did we get enough for Gus ? Just asking .

From trading with SJ, it is the most Detroit could have gotten without going after prospects. Probably didn't get a first cause SJ didn't have any picks not tied up in conditions to other teams.

It is comparable with what Zuccarello got except Rangers have better conditions to their picks.
Rangers got conditional 2nd and 3rd.

Its a much better return than what Simmons got for Philly.

So Wings got about 85-95% of what they could from Goose on the market. Considering the NTC situation, excellently done by Holland.

Keep in mind, Vegas grossly overpaid for Tatar last season.

There are more trades, but I won't get around to it until Tuesday night or Wednesday.

Vanek reportedly refused a trade to Boston for a 5th round pick. Won't lost sleep over it, but find it kinda hilarious given he couldn't fetch anything for Vancouver last year. His offensive numbers were much better in Vancouver.

Eventually you get tire of being traded at the deadline. I can respect Vanek for that..

Btw, what's Detroit's cap space going forward? I look at cap friendly but they seem to only have the current season.

Its on capfriendly just gotta slide all the way down to bottom.

About 67 million commited with Vanek, Kronwall, Witkowski, Howard as UFAs.

Howard is probably coming back at 5-6 million per year, the team don't need any of the other 3.

Back