Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welcome to MSU Jayru Campbell

Who here wants to bet that Campbell gets an offer from Michigan? They have recruited him quite hard so far and will offer 90% chance.

he might, we'll see. Reshke and Finley got offers after committing to MSU last year. the funny thing is that Hoke expects his commits to not visit other schools and honor their commitment or they will lose their scholarship. he doesn't have a problem trying to get our guys to break their commitments by offering committed players. kind of a double standard, don't you think?

he might, we'll see. Reshke and Finley got offers after committing to MSU last year. the funny thing is that Hoke expects his commits to not visit other schools and honor their commitment or they will lose their scholarship. he doesn't have a problem trying to get our guys to break their commitments by offering committed players. kind of a double standard, don't you think?

Cry-Baby.gif

Really? So every kid Michigan is going to get for 2015 has an offer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

QB recruiting is a whole different animal for their staff.

They've had more than enough time to evaluate Jayru. Michigan doesn't shell out QB scholarships just to keep them away from rivals. If you've ever followed the way Michigan handles QB recruiting you'd know only 1 or 2 prospects get offers and usually Borges works them out in person.

?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy, thats all. I love how you resort to name calling and dont address the point I made. I guess its easier for you to make an attempt at being funny vs admit that the policy is hypocritical

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Were this discussion inverted:

M poster: "Dash Riprock from Kefauver High School Committed to Michigan."
MSU poster: "Well, MSU didn't want him anyway."
M poster: "Ok. Why do you think I care?"

I don't want to speculate where you get your information sometimes.

Hoke says he asks his commits to not visit other schools, and at the same time, he gives his firm word that the player in question will always (in most instances) have a scholarship offer from Michigan throughout the recruiting process.

"Believe me, we never pressure a guy into making that decision," Hoke said of a player choosing to commit. "But once that decision's made we're going to stand by it and put that scholarship away and we're going to take other young men who had opportunities and tell them we're moving forward and they need to (sic) forward (as well)."

I don't want to speculate where you get your information sometimes.

Hoke says he asks his commits to not visit other schools, and at the same time, he gives his firm word that the player in question will always (in most instances) have a scholarship offer from Michigan throughout the recruiting process.

"Believe me, we never pressure a guy into making that decision," Hoke said of a player choosing to commit. "But once that decision's made we're going to stand by it and put that scholarship away and we're going to take other young men who had opportunities and tell them we're moving forward and they need to (sic) forward (as well)."

really? that wasn't the case for David Dawson, but I guess it's more important to keep him away from rivals. he was re-offered by Hoke, if that was the case, what happened to the first offer?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ke-michigan-smart-to-re-offer-nations-no-1-og

Were this discussion inverted:

M poster: "Dash Riprock from Kefauver High School Committed to Michigan."
MSU poster: "Well, MSU didn't want him anyway."
M poster: "Ok. Why do you think I care?"

I just call it like I see it, if someone's being an asshole I tell them. coming over here to say "we didn't want him anyway" is nothing but sour grapes. I don't care if he had a Michigan offer or not, at least not for the reasons you think. I trust coaches more than rankings so if top coaches offer a player, that means that player is solid, I don't care if it's Michigan or another school. in this case, he had an offer from Bama which is light years ahead of Michigan as a program so I consider that validation of this talent.

I don't think you have a very good understanding of what the word hypocrisy means. If Hoke said that coaches shouldn't offer committed recruits, then sure, that would be hypocritical. Or if he said he'd revoke a commits offer if that commit received an offer from another team...hypocritical.

Really Hoke is performing a service for you when/if he offers MSU commits. It shows whether or not the recruit is truly committed to your school. I'm sure I could dig up his mailing address if you'd like to send him a thank you card.

really? that wasn't the case for David Dawson, but I guess it's more important to keep him away from rivals. he was re-offered by Hoke, if that was the case, what happened to the first offer?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ke-michigan-smart-to-re-offer-nations-no-1-og

"In most instances" might have been the phrase you glossed over. And it's Bleacher Report and other media outlets calling M's policy "strict" and a "no-visit" policy. Michigan asks that verbal commits not visit other colleges. I'll accept Hoke's word over the musings of the media.

Last edited:
I don't think you have a very good understanding of what the word hypocrisy means. If Hoke said that coaches shouldn't offer committed recruits, then sure, that would be hypocritical. Or if he said he'd revoke a commits offer if that commit received an offer from another team...hypocritical.

Really Hoke is performing a service for you when/if he offers MSU commits. It shows whether or not the recruit is truly committed to your school. I'm sure I could dig up his mailing address if you'd like to send him a thank you card.

no, it's hypocritical to expect your recruits to honor their commits your school but then not respect that from other schools recruits.

if it's a kid going to Michigan, the recruiting process is over when he gives a verbal, if it's a kid going to MSU, it's not over until they sign their LOI.

i'm sure you can see this. why don't you just admit it's hypocritical and say it's a cut throat business, oh well

Last edited:
no, it's hypocritical to expect your recruits to honor their commits your school but then not respect that from other schools recruits.

if it's a kid going to Michigan, the recruiting process is over when he gives a verbal, if it's a kid going to MSU, it's not over until they sign their LOI.

i'm sure you can see this. why don't you just admit it's hypocritical and say it's a cut throat business, oh well

Again, your first sentence would only be true if UM said the practice of offering their committed recruits was wrong or unfair. Of course that doesn't happen...they know kids will be offered, and they'll do the same. They're just saying that if one of their commits acts upon that offer, and for all intents and purposes opens up his recruitment by taking another visit, that UM will "open up their recruitment" for the position that the player previously held.

Along those lines, here's another example that would be hypocritical...

If UM accepts a kid's commitment, doesn't allow him to take other visits, but continues recruiting for his slot in the class.

Should I make a chart?

Again, your first sentence would only be true if UM said the practice of offering their committed recruits was wrong or unfair. Of course that doesn't happen...they know kids will be offered, and they'll do the same. They're just saying that if one of their commits acts upon that offer, and for all intents and purposes opens up his recruitment by taking another visit, that UM will "open up their recruitment" for the position that the player previously held.

Along those lines, here's another example that would be hypocritical...

If UM accepts a kid's commitment, doesn't allow him to take other visits, but continues recruiting for his slot in the class.

Should I make a chart?

I am looking at the whole umbrella of the recruiting process, which includes offers, visits, etc. Hoke is saying that once you commit to UM, it's over, of course another coach can offer you because that's out of your control but if you visit another school, you're gone (unless you're david dawson). he has no problem of offering or hosting committed kids.

again, it's a cut throat business, you don't win games for being consistent and not bending your own rules, you win games by getting top talent and developing it. he's not out there to make friends or to be consistent, his job is to win games by any means necessary. if it were MD that was going along with the double standard, i'd just say "so what, it might be hypocritical but do what it takes to win."

I am looking at the whole umbrella of the recruiting process, which includes offers, visits, etc. ...

my, you're a slippery fellow to argue with!

every time one of your claims is refuted, you post that it wasn't what you were saying, and change your tune in the next one.

like trying to nail jell-o to a wall.

does MSU have a debate program? I'm really impressed.

I am looking at the whole umbrella of the recruiting process, which includes offers, visits, etc. Hoke is saying that once you commit to UM, it's over, ...

I'm gonna just have to stop right there. Clearly you aren't grasping this, and that comment may be part of the reason why.

I'm gonna just have to stop right there. Clearly you aren't grasping this, and that comment may be part of the reason why.

I think you're just clinging to the thought that the sun shines out of brady's ass and that no practices could possibly be considered hypocritical. also, I love how he goes back on his own rules to keep a 4 star OL from MSU or OSU.

Back