Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wild Card Playoff Game: Rams @ Lions Thread

grandy

NFC Wild Card Playoff Game: Rams @ Lions Thread

Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

Line: DET -3
O/U: 51.5

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Turf Show Times

Injury Report
Link

Lions
Out
WR Kalif Raymond (knee)
TE James Mitchell (hand)
EDGE James Houston (ankle, IR) ? evaluation days remaining: 6
CB Jerry Jacobs (thigh/knee)

Questionable
TE Sam LaPorta (knee)
DT John Cominsky (illness)

Rams
Questionable
TE Tyler Higbee (shoulder) ? limited all week
OL Joe Noteboom (foot)
RG Kevin Dotson (shoulder) ? limited all week
NT Bobby Brown (illness)
LB Troy Reeder (knee)
FS Jordan Fuller (ankle) ? did not practice all week

Series History
Link
The Lions are 40-45-1 (regular season) and 1-0 (playoffs) against the Rams
Last Game: 10/24/2021, Rams 28 Lions 19
Last Game in Detroit: 12/2/2018, Rams 30 Lions 16
Last Win: 10/16/2016, Lions 31 Rams 28
Last Playoff Game: 12/21/1952, Lions 31 Rams 21
Recent Games: The Rams have won 3 of the last 4 meetings

Last edited:
Pro Football Focus Grades (Regular Season)

Overall
Detroit 92.4 (5th)
LA Rams 84.2 (10th)

Offense
Detroit 86.4 (2nd)
LA Rams 80.3 (7th)

Pass Offense
Detroit 84.3 (5th)
LA Rams 82.2 (9th)

Pass Blocking
Detroit 71.0 (8th)
LA Rams 62.6 (20th)

Receiving
Detroit 83.0 (3rd)
LA Rams 75.2 (13th)

Rushing
LA Rams 90.2 (6th)
Detroit 88.7 (9th)

Run Blocking
Detroit 77.6 (2nd)
LA Rams 71.2 (5th)

Defense
Detroit 72.6 (18th)
LA Rams 69.6 (23rd)

Run Defense
Detroit 74.8 (5th)
LA Rams 71.5 (7th)

Tackling
LA Rams 51.6 (20th)
Detroit 49.5 (21st)

Pass Rush
LA Rams 76.8 (14th)
Detroit 75.4 (16th)

Coverage
Detroit 59.3 (29th)
LA Rams 50.0 (31st)

Special Teams
Detroit 83.3 (12th)
LA Rams 64.1 (31st)

So you can't play in heavy snow and wind anymore? I thought this was football.

I wonder if they give refunds? I doubt everyone can attend Monday. Or out of town folks.

You can. It's about the fans. They don't want them dying trying to get to and from the stadium.

It's Buffalo aren't they used to that? And I suspect its more about the number of people that show up, money, over possible injuries. I guarantee the Governor didn't think about that once.

I would guess that you didn't follow the storms last year that effectively shut Buffalo completely down, and also forced one of their home games to be played at Ford Field (against the Browns, 4 days before they played the Lions). There is normal Buffalo weather, then there is the extreme version of it. They have been getting the extreme version of it recently. I have friends there, and I'm happy to live near the other end of New York. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/02/nyregion/buffalo-blizzard-emergency-response.html?smid=url-share

Last edited:
It's Buffalo aren't they used to that? And I suspect its more about the number of people that show up, money, over possible injuries. I guarantee the Governor didn't think about that once.

you mean the governor didn't think about the money and number of fans that show up?

She did. The reason it was moved. What she didn't think about was the fans safety. Guaranteed.

I 100% disagree. The only concern was for the safety of the fans. The reason I think this way...if they were to play that game today, that stadium would be full, regardless of the weather. Bills fans are nuts.

I 100% disagree. The only concern was for the safety of the fans. The reason I think this way...if they were to play that game today, that stadium would be full, regardless of the weather. Bills fans are nuts.
Sure it is but not to her. She said she wants 70000 at the game. She didn't mention safety at all. Even if they did come out today the Governor didn't think they would.. Thus the move.

Lions 31
Rams 30

I bet the over. I have no idea who is going to win. I think if the Lions win, it will be by a TD or more. If it is a close game, I think the Rams pull it off. My reasoning for this is I trust McVeigh to make wise choices in a close game. Not so sure about riverboat Dan.

I bet the over. I have no idea who is going to win. I think if the Lions win, it will be by a TD or more. If it is a close game, I think the Rams pull it off. My reasoning for this is I trust McVeigh to make wise choices in a close game. Not so sure about riverboat Dan.
I almost have the opposite view. Close game Detroit, bigger spread LA.

So if we win and the packers win we?re talking second home playoff game right?

Back