Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

World Cup Games

Oh, you're not a soccer fan? I had no idea.

It's not like you have showed up in every single socced-themed post on the board and told us that for the last 8 years, or anything...

I posted in all of them? It seems like I have only posted in a few. Maybe there really aren't too many soccer threads...because soccer sucks :)

I posted in all of them? It seems like I have only posted in a few. Maybe there really aren't too many soccer threads...because soccer sucks :)

Yeah, but like champ said in post number 18, we?re hosting it this season, here in the United States.

So at least there?s that.

Yeah, but like champ said in post number 18, we?re hosting it this season, here in the United States.

So at least there?s that.

What's your drink of choice when watching "the other football" or "futbol"?

same as with American football?

What's your drink of choice when watching "the other football" or "futbol"?

same as with American football?

No.

Clorox with cyanide.

Actually although I almost never watch, I was watching when Zidane head butted that Italian guy in the final.

That was kind of cool.

If there were more head butts like that, I probably watch it a little more often.

Two stoppage goals by Iran beat Wales 2-0. So now USA will have to
Beat Iran to move on if they lose to England. Iran can play for they tie.

Is today?s USA versus UK game on the radio?

You might find it hard to believe, but soccer is a very exciting game to listen to on the radio.

?Smith kicks the ball over to Jones?who kicks the ball back over to Smith. Smith kicks the ball over to Jones again, who kicks the ball back over again to Smith. Now Smith kicks the ball forward to Brown, who kicks the ball backward to Smith??

USA is play good. We just can?t finish and score.

Last edited:
Halftime 0-0

All England first 20 minutes. Mostly USA after that. One great save in stoppage time by USA.

Stoppage time coming. Another dangerous kick for England and England gets a corner. Comer saved.
Another free kick closer for England. After a bad pass. Gifted set piece coming for England.
Kane heads it wide
4 minutes added time.

Less then a minute left

USA gets the last free kick of the game
Final England had more possessions
USA had 7 corners to Englands 3 or 4

Group standings

England?..1-0-1 4 pts+4 goals
Iran???.?1-1-0 3 pts -2 goals
USA????.0-0-2 2 pts 0
Wales?.??0-1-1 1 Pts -2 goals

Last game In the group stage
Only way to advance is for USA to beat Iran.

USA vs Iran
Wales vs England

Morocco just took it to Belgium in their group 2-0 Final. First World Cup win since 1998 and the have held both teams they have played scoreless?Group F may have all four teams still alive heading into the last game in the group stage.

Last edited:
Back