Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

1-3 vs 3-1

I care more about beating ohio than going to the big 10 champ game. This year.

Plus if mich st win out we still wouldn't go.

damfran said:
Sorry, but in this hypothetical,.....I gotta say 3-1 with a loss to uos. Getting to the first B1G Championship Game would be huge.

Like it or not, "The Game" has morphed toward a new direction, and won't resemble the contest we grew up with until the 2 teams play in the championship game.

if we go 3-1, we're not getting to the championship game.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
damfran said:
Sorry, but in this hypothetical,.....I gotta say 3-1 with a loss to uos. Getting to the first B1G Championship Game would be huge.

Like it or not, "The Game" has morphed toward a new direction, and won't resemble the contest we grew up with until the 2 teams play in the championship game.

Its possible. If Michigans loss isn't against Nebraska because I see State losing twice more.

Would going 3-1 guarantee us a spot in the B1G game? What if MSU wins out?

Hungry said:
Would going 3-1 guarantee us a spot in the B1G game? What if MSU wins out?

MSU won head to head. So if Michigan goes 3-1 I think State would have to lose twice. Or once and be in a 3 way tie with Nebraska and own the tie breaker.

Having a whole year of talking shit back to ohio and breaking the streak is more important than having a "chance" at a big 10 champ game. IMO

Hoke would be known as the coach who beat ohio his first year and breaking a 7 game streak.

Or

Hoke would be known as the coach who went 10-2 his first year, but couldn't beat ohio.

That's close hungry. It would suck major dick losing to msu and ohio.

Plus I don't know how us playing for a bcs bowl game would go

Well, i should say that 4-1 is Michigan going 3-1 and winning the B1G...losing in the B1G wouldn't make up for losing against OH

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":s16twonf]

Its possible. If Michigans loss isn't against Nebraska because I see State losing twice more. [/quote:s16twonf]

against who? lol they have iowa, minnesota, indiana, and northwestern i believe. northwestern plays them tough, but iowa is not a threat to anyone this year. they MIGHT lose one more. like you said, it's possible, but definitely not a huge possibility.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Mitch":l0t32r2g]

Its possible. If Michigans loss isn't against Nebraska because I see State losing twice more.

against who? lol they have iowa, minnesota, indiana, and northwestern i believe. northwestern plays them tough, but iowa is not a threat to anyone this year. they MIGHT lose one more. like you said, it's possible, but definitely not a huge possibility. [/quote:l0t32r2g]

Possible. Hell Wisconsin just got smacked by OSU and Iowa lost to Minny.

I would say 3-1, lose to Ohio, hope msu, neb both lose another (but we win the tiebreaker and div). Then play and beat Ohio in B1G Champ game, haha.

My $0.02. 1-3 with the win over the Bucks. I just can't take it if we continue to lose against those yahoos. Lord I hate them.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":m52ra6sz]

against who? lol they have iowa, minnesota, indiana, and northwestern i believe. northwestern plays them tough, but iowa is not a threat to anyone this year. they MIGHT lose one more. like you said, it's possible, but definitely not a huge possibility.

Possible. Hell Wisconsin just got smacked by OSU and Iowa lost to Minny. [/quote:m52ra6sz]

Why does everyone underestimate ohio? They still have a great defense and a good rushing offense with herron. The arent the usual ohio, but they're good enough to beat any big 10 team. What was their score against sparty? 10-7?

Why not just win out? Its highly possible, I don't think either situation is likely. I choose 1-3 with the win over the pOSU. I think UM could run the table, but I am an extreme homer!

Winning the average B1G football game seems like it's an important thing, but you have to remember, it's still technically just a game. Michigan vs. Ohio is more like good vs. evil. When Michigan loses, crime and unemployment go up, people quit going to church, dogs bite their owners, and strains of the flu mutate into new and more dangerous forms.

I'm a tad nervous about this upcoming game in Iowa City ... those games at Iowa are typically and often pretty close.

I think Illinois is overrated and Zook sucks ....

To me a 2-2 finish with a win over Ohio* but a loss to the Bugeaters would be likely/satisfactory. I can see dropping one of the next two games and then splitting the final two at home.

That's Sophie's Choice and I say fack that ... they win them all!

If we go 3-1 chances are we play the loser of the LSU Bama game.
The easy answer is 1-3 and beat OSU

tnwolverine said:
If we go 3-1 chances are we play the loser of the LSU Bama game.
The easy answer is 1-3 and beat OSU

Good god, no. We wouldn't fare well against either Bama or LSU.

Not to mention, if it turned out to be Bama we'd END this season playing them, then START next season playing them.

No.

Back