Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

1-3 vs 3-1

No contest for me. I can't even stand the thought of feeling ill for a week, drinking myself into a stupor following another loss to those motherfuckers.

Think about it this way. Which would leave a more sour taste in your mouth: Going 10-2 and losing your last 2 games, or going 9-4 and winning your last 2, one of them against Ohio? Fuck them, no matter what. I don't wanna know what it feels like to have an outstanding season spoiled by Ohio, the way they felt so many times during the 90s. They can keep that all to themselves.

It's time for our players to truly embrace the tradition that us fans and Hoke love so much. Yes, a NC and BT title are ALWAYS the ultimate goal at Michigan. You can't have the first, and often not the second, without beating Ohio.

End this fucking streak, shut those smug bastards up and get this program back to where it belongs.

That was my post, phillips. I have a feeling M closes 9-3 but gets that "win" .....plus, Ohio* is talking B10 title game already.

We might not go to the big 10 champ game, but beating them would for sure knock them out of going. (which I think they have a shot to, unfortunately)

With us going 3-1 and losing to them, there's a real good chance that THEY would be knocking us out for msu to go.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
We might not go to the big 10 champ game, but beating them would for sure knock them out of going. (which I think they have a shot to, unfortunately)

With us going 3-1 and losing to them, there's a real good chance that THEY would be knocking us out for msu to go.

Why do they always luck out into these situations all the time? Ohio is so lucky I can't stand it!

D. None of the above

6-0 is the ONLY legit answer. That means winning out the rest of the regular season, having MSU lose 1 more game, win the B1G, and win the BCS game.

Not likely to happen this year, granted...but being the UM fan that I am, winning everything is the ONLY thing that makes me happy and satisfied. It is time we all return to that mindset 100%, with the realization it is not likely to happen. Still, none of us were happy about the MSU loss, why should any of us be remotely content with any others? This is Michigan. We are The Victors. When Carr was winning 10 games but still losing 2, that was not good enough. This is Hoke's 1st year, so he gets a pass (not that he needs it as he has performed brilliantly with the lack of talent left over from the RR era). Next year, well...everyone agrees next year's schedule is brutal, so it won't be surprising to have a couple of losses. Nonetheless, this is Michigan, and only winning matters so I'm passionate that UM can win it all next year. As for 2013, I am downright expecting it...and what I find encouraging is it appears Hoke has the exact same mindset! 3-1 won't be good enough for Hoke just as the fact UM lost to MSU isn't good enough...and not just in a "I'm the coach so I have to say I'm not happy about a loss," ala RichRod kind of way. Hoke takes this whole thing to a different level, but it is the level all UM fans are supposed to expect and demand all the time. Hoke isn't just the UM coach, he is quite possibly UM's biggest fan...so I know he gets what I have posted here and would feel exactly the same way.

GO BLUE!!!

TheVictors03 said:
I'm a tad nervous about this upcoming game in Iowa City ... those games at Iowa are typically and often pretty close.

I think Illinois is overrated and Zook sucks ....

To me a 2-2 finish with a win over Ohio* but a loss to the Bugeaters would be likely/satisfactory. I can see dropping one of the next two games and then splitting the final two at home.

I said I was feeling a loss at Iowa, maybe, and a win at Illinois because Zook is a shitty coach. Then a 'split' of the final two at home, hopefully beating Ohio.....

If the team plays like it did yesterday the rest of the way, we're 7-5 (again) and WyldRydr will appear oit of nowhere to say, "told you so."

That was the worst Michigan game I've watched since Mississippi State kicked our ass.

Back