Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2012 Predictions

imthetruth

Now that the schedules out what do y'all think?

6 outta the first 9 on the road is brutal but all in all the schedule doesn't look too tough.

I say 11-5

9 - 7 at worst.....11 - 5 at best.

another WC berth.

I will be laughed at, but I am going with 12-4 and the NFC North title.

Loses to Green Bay and San Fran taught the Lions a lot last season, and with a couple of improvements in the draft, I think they can be an outright force.

I am also counting on one CB in the draft, and one in June cap cuts as I say this, plus one OL upgrade and a RB.

anything less than 9 wins will be a major dissappointment. Defense needs to step up.

I was originally thinking 10-6 (lose both GB games) but then i thought SURELY the experience gained over the last year will help. Pick up some OL and CB help like others have stated, and 11-5 or even 12-4 (steal the Frisco and / or GB game on the road) might be possible. I'm excited and can't wait for next season.

If all the major parts stay healthy for the tougher games, 12-4. If we're missing some key guys for tough games, 9-7. If we get slaughtered with injuries, 7-9.

I honestly feel like with a good draft addressing the Back 4 and O-line we're the second best team on our entire schedule with a legit argument for being the best! We're definitely better than PHI and ATL right? CHI and SF? What do you guys think?

If all the major parts stay healthy for the tougher games, 12-4. If we're missing some key guys for tough games, 9-7. If we get slaughtered with injuries, 7-9.

I honestly feel like with a good draft addressing the Back 4 and O-line we're the second best team on our entire schedule with a legit argument for being the best! We're definitely better than PHI and ATL right? CHI and SF? What do you guys think?

You got to give Chi props for their offseason. Their D is getting old, but if they're healthy they're very good. I like that Atl and Chi come to Det late...because if they're in a wild card hunt with them, Det has their WC competitors coming to town.

StL - W
@ SF - L
@ Ten - W
Min - W
bye
@ Phi - L
@ Chi - L
Sea - W
@ Jax - W
@ Min - W
GB - L
Hou - W
Ind - W
@ GB - L
@ Ari - W
Atl - W
Chi - W

11-5 and a WC berth. Sure would like to see a win in SF so Harbaugh can suck it...and a W vs. GB.

14-2

And they finally end the Losing @ GB and Playoff Loss streaks.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Detroit this year!!!

14-2

And they finally end the Losing @ GB and Playoff Loss streaks.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Detroit this year!!!

you predicted Wings in 5.....you haven't a clue hockey or football

At a quick glance at the schedule, I am you going 10-6. This isn't the old, if everything falls right 10-6. This is 10-6 or they have under achieved.

the NFC West: 3-1
the NFC random games are tough(Philly, Atl) 1-1
the AFC South: 2-2, stumbles with Hou or one of the road games)
NFC North: 3-3

9-7, probably lose the tiebreaker

12-4.

Just because they don't add a bunch of pieces doesn't mean they can't improve.

Back