Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2014 Yahoo College Bowl Pick'ems

Last years results

1 KAWDUP 22 of 35 398 398
2 B311J 22 of 35 391 391
3 TinselWolverine 21 of 35 391 391
4 TheWolverines24 21 of 35 390 390
5 HDRIDER784 19 of 35 381 381
6 gobluebigjon 20 of 35 381 381
7 Eric's Excellent Pick Set 19 of 35 370 370
8 GoBlueInAtlanta 20 of 35 361 361
9 Lostleader 19 of 35 350 350
10 MichFan78 19 of 35 332 332

Is there anybody else who has noticed/been a little amused/intrigued/made curious by this?

The Championship Game is on the pick 'ems board, with a confidence points selection requested...without the actual participating teams having been determined.

I am 100% confident that whomever at yahoo made the decision to do that has no idea what the fuck they're doing.

I put it the other thread also. Saturday is the first games - don't forget to make your bowl picks.

Ok, Icepick, you've got a 50/50 chance of winning Bowl Pickems.

Choose wisely, Grasshoppa.

I picked Ohio State, so technically I can finish 2nd if they can stay within 6 - not first, however, as GBIA only wagers 1 point on the game. Whatsamattayou?

So Icepick, it is 1st or third for you. GBIA - it is 1st or second for you.

Me 2nd or 3rd, depending on whether OSU can stay within 6 or not.

Last edited:
I picked Oregon so its all up to them.

Alrighty then. They are favored after all.

Your pick assures that I can't win all three of my groups. I've got one wrapped up and I only win this group if OSU wins. My third group, however, is a bunch of Buckeyes and there are two guys one game ahead of me (no confidence points in that group), so I'm sure they will be taking OSU. The best I can do is a three way tie for first in that group.

I picked Ohio State, so technically I can finish 2nd if they can stay within 6 - not first, however, as GBIA only wagers 1 point on the game. Whatsamattayou?

So Icepick, it is 1st or third for you. GBIA - it is 1st or second for you.

Me 2nd or 3rd, depending on whether OSU can stay within 6 or not.

I left the title game as 1 point because there was no telling who would be playing in it when we had to start filling it out.

We aren't using the spread for bowl pickem's. It's just straight up, so the 6 points don't matter.

I left the title game as 1 point because there was no telling who would be playing in it when we had to start filling it out.

We aren't using the spread for bowl pickem's. It's just straight up, so the 6 points don't matter.

Oh yeah I forgot about not picking against the spread. Darn, hard to actually root for those Bucknuts then, rather than to root for them to lose by less than 6. Oh well.

BTW - you had the chance to modify the winner once the teams were identified. No confidence in your ability to pick between the two best teams in the nation? You don't deserve first place. :*)

Back