Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

6-1 who is jumping off the bandwagon

Jever- you hit it right on. ALL of us are in for the duration. I think almost all of us know that. Allegiance doesn't change. I've lived in SD for almost 20 years, but I still make my kids watch the Lions on Thanksgiving - its what diehards do.

I'm here but I don't wanna deal with the same thing I have been the past three years. Ya know.....

I dont know how you can see this team play and not see that the end of the tunnel is near. They fought hard yesterday. Yes we struggle at times but we were in it till 5 min to go. I believe in this team and in Hoke.

josh200612 said:
I'm here but I don't wanna deal with the same thing I have been the past three years. Ya know.....

One loss , be realistic about this year, this is change in aTtitude and philosophy, players seem to be together and respect each other, recruiting going well

I day relax a bit

I think too many had unrealistic expectations
7 months of work is not S lot of retraining time

michlady77 said:
josh200612 said:

One loss , be realistic about this year, this is change in aTtitude and philosophy, players seem to be together and respect each other, recruiting going well

I day relax a bit

I think too many had unrealistic expectations
7 months of work is not S lot of retraining time

I completely agree. Yes, they lost at MSU, but there is plenty of season left and we still have to face O$U. Everyone has a the right to be critical, but let's also be realistic. We were facing a MSU team with plenty of rest and a long time to figure out our game plan.

It is not this loss at MSU that will define this team, but how they respond to it and finish out the season.

I see the same poster here saying the same things they have said for 4 years now. Stand behind the team. Personally I think thats great. If UM 0-7 I would still believe they would win the next one, and win out.

I just seen to many post that said, they (The Team) suck, they are the same as last year.

Every major program has bandwagon jumpers every year, we can all watch them fall off of MSU in the up coming years. It just pisses me off when I see this team trying so hard, and some peoples response it, oh this team is the same they suck.

THIS IS FUCKING MICHIGAN, who wouldn't walk from SDSU to be apart of this team.
^
IF this is arrogant, it is what it is! We are still Michigan!

I really feel an attitude difference for the better from the players

Sorry foe the typos iphone withoit my glasses

michlady77 said:
I really feel an attitude difference for the better from the players

Sorry foe the typos iphone withoit my glasses

Don't sweat it.

It won't be long before Apple comes out with voice recognized transcription.

With Jobs gone, it might take a little longer...

But I don't think it will be an eternity.

One loss does not a season make.....lets brush this one off and start a new win streak against the Boilers in a couple weeks

And marine is right-how they respond will show is something

I think this team is a team and I expect the response to be united and positive

The captains of lover and Martin are leading!

I will hear home at lunch and I am sure he will say we will continue to be better

michlady77 said:

I will hear home at lunch and I am sure he will say we will continue to be better

couldn't agree more: the captains of Lover and Martin are leaders. Lover and Martin are adequately lead. And I think Home will say the right things when you hear him at lunch.

I think some of you took, my OP the wrong way.

I am a big drinker of the Hoke and Co kool-aid. I can't say enough, to justify what I think of this staff. I never got a chance to experience a D1 school, from a football aspect. I could of played for a D3 school back in the day, but wanted a Big 10 education.

However if my son is blessed enough to play ball for some school, even if it is not a big time program, like UM. I will insist that I have a good feeling for the coaching staff, kind of like I see from the Hoke crew. And to listen to people say how horrible this team is because of one loss, it really gets under my skin.

The folks that have posted in this tread are the ones, that I can say will stick with the program. So sorry this tread was not targeted at you. I just feel, if your in, your in. If your on the fence, your out!

I haven't read anywhere that people think this team is horrible. People are just mad that Michigan lost a game that they had a very good chance to tie with about 6 minutes to go...and they are mad at a lot of what went on that game to make it that type of game.

Remember last year, in the middle of the third quarter, when it looked like we didn't even belong on the same field as Michigan State? We lost Saturday, but did anyone feel the same way on Saturday when watching this young football team playing an even better MSU team on the road?

cmrlily said:
Remember last year, in the middle of the third quarter, when it looked like we didn't even belong on the same field as Michigan State? We lost Saturday, but did anyone feel the same way on Saturday when watching this young football team playing an even better MSU team on the road?

hey, guy, stop being so reasonable.

that's no way to be a sports fan. Here are the rules you need to follow when your team loses a game:

1. Blame someone: blame a player or players, and/or coach on your team. You may occasionally blame the refs for a bad call/no call, HOWEVER that doesn't often provide the same opportunities for long term whining, since referees are more or less anonymous, and different from week-to-week. you can still blame the coach for a call by claiming that the bad call/no call wouldn't have mattered if the coach didn't intentionally put them in that situation.

2. speak only in superlatives: like this: "This is the WORST team ever." or "That was the WORST call of all time."

3. Be inconsistent: even if you just praised the player/coach for doing something, do not hesitate to blame them as being the sole cause of everything wrong with your team as soon as something else goes wrong.

4. Don't ever back down or admit you are wrong: If someone disagrees with you, or points out the inconsistency or unreasonableness of your views, get angry and argue with them. call them names and threaten them with physical violence. Remember: as long as you don't admit it, you are never wrong.

MichChamp02 said:
hey, guy, stop being so reasonable.

that's no way to be a sports fan. Here are the rules you need to follow when your team loses a game:

1. Blame someone: blame a player or players, and/or coach on your team. You may occasionally blame the refs for a bad call/no call, HOWEVER that doesn't often provide the same opportunities for long term whining, since referees are more or less anonymous, and different from week-to-week. you can still blame the coach for a call by claiming that the bad call/no call wouldn't have mattered if the coach didn't intentionally put them in that situation.

2. speak only in superlatives: like this: "This is the WORST team ever." or "That was the WORST call of all time."

3. Be inconsistent: even if you just praised the player/coach for doing something, do not hesitate to blame them as being the sole cause of everything wrong with your team as soon as something else goes wrong.

4. Don't ever back down or admit you are wrong: If someone disagrees with you, or points out the inconsistency or unreasonableness of your views, get angry and argue with them. call them names and threaten them with physical violence. Remember: as long as you don't admit it, you are never wrong.
That loss was completely HAGERUP's fault! He is the WORST punter ever to put a foot on a ball. I never want to see him on the field again. Anybody watching Michigan football this year knows that we live or die depending on turnovers because this is the WORST TEAM EVER in every other possible way. By kicking it out of bounds, he denied us of one of our best opportunities to pick up some great field position": recovering muffs! We should fire the special teams coach. Why is he even playing Hagerup instead of Mesko?

But it was cool how Hagerup was able to put the ball in the corner within the 20 without putting it on the field and taking any chances of a big return. With our stupid special teams coaching, he probably saved us from getting beat even worse.

bigdrew21988 said:
this is pathetic

borges = awful
denard = awful
offensive line = awful

Its crap like this, Ill try to find more.

There is more, but its mostly the same guy. Statements like this make me think of Bandwagon jumpers.

Borges had his moments. Denard is not Tom Brady, and never will be. Oline is just not experienced. But whatever opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one!

hmm sounds like NUFan's of posting

(really old espn posters might remember NUFan from the early 00s)

MichChamp02 said:
michlady77 said:

The captains of Koger and Martin are leading!

couldn't agree more: the captains of Lover and Martin are leaders. Lover and Martin are adequately lead. And I think Home will say the right things when you hear him at lunch.

MichChamp02 said:
michlady77 said:

my darn typing and lack of proofreading!

Back