Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

AP out, UM at 17 -- WTH?

16, maybe 15 I forget. But after a win, MSU moved to 11 and UW moved past us.

Not great, but...AP doesn't matter for BCS.

Time will tell how coaches, Harris and computers saw the events of the weekend.

Oh okay I didn't realize that. I mean I did know the coaches and Harris were the ones but i mixed them up
I guess, lol. Nvm then :) .

Okay. I guess I trusted the guy who told me they dropped 2. No worries then.

We have to get to 14 in bcs for shot at sugar

We may be at mercy others for that

michlady77 said:

The way I see it, LSU just has to beat Georgia.

The winner of the B1G is a wash - the winner goes or stays ahead of M, the loser falls.

Wisky is likely to jump M in the BCS this week, but that shouldn't matter.

Clemson's loss yesterday helps a lot, and I don't see anybody behind M that can do enough to pass them - Baylor hosts Texas, and that shouldn't be enough, and TCU hosts UNLV, and that definitely won't be enough.

The only caveat I see is if Georgia upsets LSU - then there are going to be problems.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
michlady77 said:

The way I see it, LSU just has to beat Georgia.

The winner of the B1G is a wash - the winner goes or stays ahead of M, the loser falls.

Wisky is likely to jump M in the BCS this week, but that shouldn't matter.

Clemson's loss yesterday helps a lot, and I don't see anybody behind M that can do enough to pass them - Baylor hosts Texas, and that shouldn't be enough, and TCU hosts UNLV, and that definitely won't be enough.

The only caveat I see is if Georgia upsets LSU - then there are going to be problems.

IMO if we don't get a BCS game, Arkansas is our matchup. I don't know if i like that matchup.

If UW beats MSU in the B1G (which I believe they will) we will move ahead of MSU in the BCS standings. One thing we have to keep in perspective is that as satisfying as yesterday's win was for us, nationally OSU was just another middle of the pack B1G team this year. It just doesn't hold the weight that beating a 9 or 10 win OSU team does. In fact, the game being so closely contested probably hurt M in the eyes of pollsters.

MichBSN said:
If UW beats MSU in the B1G (which I believe they will) we will move ahead of MSU in the BCS standings. One thing we have to keep in perspective is that as satisfying as yesterday's win was for us, nationally OSU was just another middle of the pack B1G team this year. It just doesn't hold the weight that beating a 9 or 10 win OSU team does. In fact, the game being so closely contested probably hurt M in the eyes of pollsters.

That hasn't been reflected yet, at least in the AP and Coaches' rankings. There's more likely that it will have an effect in the computers, but probably not so much that it will change anything so that a Georgia loss won't still get M to #14.

I do think that Wisconsin will jump Michigan in the BCS today, but again, I think it's a wash - M passes next week's B1G championship game loser.

Assuming Georgia loses, M passes them too, and ends up next Sunday at #14 in the BCS.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MichBSN said:

That hasn't been reflected yet, at least in the AP and Coaches' rankings. There's more likely that it will have an effect in the computers, but probably not so much that it will change anything so that a Georgia loss won't still get M to #14.

I do think that Wisconsin will jump Michigan in the BCS today, but again, I think it's a wash - M passes next week's B1G championship game loser.

Assuming Georgia loses, M passes them too, and ends up next Sunday at #14 in the BCS.

Agreed

We need help but we knew we would. we have a shot. If Wisky and LSU win then we should move up to 14. We really only played one team all year that doesnt have at least 6 wins. If not then we get the cap 1 bowl. Regardless of what bowl we end up at we had a great year and I am very proud of team #132.

wheels002 said:
We need help but we knew we would. we have a shot. If Wisky and LSU win then we should move up to 14. We really only played one team all year that doesnt have at least 6 wins. If not then we get the cap 1 bowl. Regardless of what bowl we end up at we had a great year and I am very proud of team #132.

Wisky doesn't have to win. It's a wash between Wisky and Sparty - M ends up above the loser.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
wheels002 said:

Wisky doesn't have to win. It's a wash between Wisky and Sparty - M ends up above the loser.

OK so I want Wisky to win so that I wont have to hear from all the sparty tools I know about how they won the B10.

If Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma St, we could pass them to, right?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma St, we could pass them to, right?

Right now, none of the ESPN prognosticators, nor anyone else that I know of, is projecting Oklahome into a BCS Bowl anyway.

Well, if Oklahoma beats OK St, then they both might get BCS

The stuff I am hearing says that the cap1 bowl is going to take nebraska...I don't know if they can do that, though. Michigan might fall past the cap1 bowl if its possible. SUpposedly, the cap1 people are saying they want Nebraska and I'd expect them to take Arkansas on the other side.

Personally, I don't give a shit what bowl Michigan lands in.

Back