Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bentley waived

Too many injuries. Missed 30 of 48 games in three years.

Diggs and Wilson have looked really good in OTAS and mini-camp. So good news at nickel still.

Jason Jones hurt is bad news. Had something worked on and wasn't at mini-camp. We need the big fellow back Week 1 (hopefully earlier).

Waddle/Lucas, Fauria, Bell, Lawson, Jason Jones all hurt

Tulloch/Levy individual drills only.

43 days until training camp. What shall we talk about?

We could keep 6. Seisay and Chris Owens in the mix too

In Austin We Trust.

I don't care if he cuts Slay to start Dick Lebeau. Whatever he feels he needs to do, I'm behind him until he proves me wrong.

... which could be this season.

Make no mistake, without injuries.....Seisay is NOT in the mix. He is a camp body.....nothing more.

Seisay is a big CB that they like. He was on the 53 last year. Him and Carter battle for the top outside guy.

Wilson, Lawson and Diggs are clearly nickel guys in the slot.

Seisay has a great shot in year 2 to make the roster.

Seisay is a big CB that they like. He was on the 53 last year. Him and Carter battle for the top outside guy.

If he makes it over Carter, than it would be a complete waste of a 3rd round pick and the picks traded to move up.

Seisay won't make the roster without injuries.

Carter isn't in any battles imo. Could be the next Don Carey, corner/safety mutt, that plays neither position great nor bad. His flexibility to move around will be an asset though

Last edited:
Seisay can make the roster. Carter will be ahead of him but Seisay can stick. Good size and has some experience

Bullet Bill shot himself in the foot with all the injuries.

Does anyone know if Bentley had injury concerns in college? I know every teams has injuries, but it feels sometimes like the Lions get more than their fair share in young players. Do we have issues with our training staff?

Does anyone know if Bentley had injury concerns in college? I know every teams has injuries, but it feels sometimes like the Lions get more than their fair share in young players. Do we have issues with our training staff?

The only thing I could find is that he missed 2 games in 4 years because of an ankle injury.

I was curious about all the injuries too, this seems to be a recurring theme with Mayhew picks. Either this team is just incredibly unlucky or there's something deeper.

I think Slay is the only 2nd round pick so far that hasn't missed any significant time due to injury (or insanity).

Back