Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bentley waived

Nope. If they can play through pain they could have helped. Decoys work too. Unlucky injuries in the first place.

We could get a full 16 out of Calvin this year. We went 3-0 without him. Moving on.

Injuries are part of the game, has nothing to do with luck. Nobody is "healthy" after a 16 game season.

Injuries are part of the game, has nothing to do with luck. Nobody is "healthy" after a 16 game season.

If you play no one is 100% after game 1. Injuries are the dumbest excuse that can be made..all teams have them.

Last edited:

Normal health is different than concentrated injuries along oline and secondary.

Packers were extremely healthy this year. Lions 11-5 was more impressive than their 12-4

Not everyone has same impact player and number of injuries. It is luck on the number of people that stay healthy. Mayhew built a team to overcome injuries. 11-5

The other part of equation is how hurt the teams you are playing at the time.

2013 8 wins won division. Shows how injuries affect things

Last edited:
Considering who that 12th win came against I'd say you leave yourself open for argument.

Considering who that 12th win came against I'd say you leave yourself open for argument.

A healthy GB team against a very injured Detroit team with the refs allowing blocks in the back for Green Bay on punt returns and excessive holding by the Packers offensive line.

Lets just base wins and losses on who has the most injuries. I think that's the way to go..

Talent has to be equal too. Detroit has a little more talent than Green Bay.

If you went down each position on the roster you MIGHT come to the opinion that Detroit has the better roster. That said...AR is SO much better than Stafford it will negate any advantage the Lions MIGHT have in other positions.

If you went down each position on the roster you MIGHT come to the opinion that Detroit has the better roster. That said...AR is SO much better than Stafford it will negate any advantage the Lions MIGHT have in other positions.

Quarterback is the single most important position in team sports. AR is better than Stafford with similar roster talent. That's why GB won the division last year.

Not concentrated injuries
Not holding penalties
Not snow
Not wind
Not voodoo
Not El Nino
Not Haley's Comet

I think everyone on this board, except one idiot, knows that.

Talent has to be equal too. Detroit has a little more talent than Green Bay.

You saying Detroit has more talent when they continue to lose actually makes Stafford look worse.

Just sayin......and I'm a Stafford fan.

You saying Detroit has more talent when they continue to lose actually makes Stafford look worse.

More talent, easier schedule, top 2 defense, got moar weapons....its either el nino or stafford.

Last edited:

Massive Oline and weapon injuries. Hurt comp % and ints.

More talent overall alot to do with defense. Not so much with running game support.

Weapons and Oline is about even but the Lions had massive injuries.

Stafford won 11.

Massive Oline and weapon injuries. Hurt comp % and ints.

More talent overall alot to do with defense. Not so much with running game support.

Weapons and Oline is about even but the Lions had massive injuries.

Stafford won 11.

:lmao:

If you play no one is 100% after game 1. Injuries are the dumbest excuse that can be made..all teams have them.

I agree, injuries are expected, not flukes, not due to bad luck. LKP constantly hiding behind injuries, and using them as an excuse is just flat out funny to me.

I agree, injuries are expected, not flukes, not due to bad luck. LKP constantly hiding behind injuries, and using them as an excuse is just flat out funny to me.

Lions didn't have normal injuries. The amount was normal in 2013 and 2014 (high in 2012) but the concentration and players who got hurt was not normal. They had concentrated injuries to weapons (2012-2014), Oline (2014) and secondary (2012/2013).I'm giving you facts.Lions top 3 secondary players (Slay, Quin, Mathis) stayed healthy in 2014. Boom 11 wins and a top defense. Sherman ,Chancellor and Thomas stay healthy for 16 every year. They aren't missing half of seasons.Lions weapons and Oline stay heatlhy in 2011. Boom 10 wins and the best protection and year for Stafford.GB extreme health in 2014. Boom 12 wins. Injuries in 2013 (8 wins). Should the Lions have normal health with some injuries yes. But they can win now with normal health (thanks to Stafford/Tate and Austin and depth).

Last edited:
All injuries are not created equal. Number of injuries differs between teams. Concentrated injuries in one position group is the worst.

Saying all teams have them is true but way too general.

I would love to see Green Bay with Nelson out or limited 5 games, Richard Rodgers out 3 games, Quarless out almost of season (Fauria), Sitton out 5 games (Warford), Lang playing hurt the first half of the season like Sims, Bakhtiari out 2 games (Reiff including Patriots game), Bulaga out 8 games with Barclay out 15 going to 3rd string RT, Lacy out or limited 8 games (like Bush), Starks out one game.

Rodgers would not be protected well with those Oline injuries and 5 games is nice chunk for Nelson to miss (high ankle sprain, not old age) and 8 for Lacy.

Mike Daniels (Fairley equivalent) out over half the season, top ILB out 13 games (would be Clay Matthews now actually), Mike Neal out 8 games (Van Noy equivalent) Hayward/Hyde out all season since Week 2, Burnett out 3 games (like Ihedigbo), The Packers D sucks when healthy, imagine all those guys out.

Tramon goes out in first playoff game and backup guard (Tretter goes out in playoff game leaving 3rd string RG and RT).

If that is normal health, I hope the Packers have normal health.

Last edited:
I would love to see Green Bay with Nelson out or limited 5 games, Richard Rodgers out 3 games, Quarless out almost of season (Fauria), Sitton out 5 games (Warford), Lang playing hurt the first half of the season like Sims, Bakhtiari out 2 games (Reiff including Patriots game), Bulaga out 8 games with Barclay out 15 going to 3rd string RT, Lacy out or limited 8 games (like Bush), Starks out one game.

Rodgers would not be protected well with those Oline injuries and 5 games is nice chunk for Nelson to miss (high ankle sprain, not old age) and 8 for Lacy.

Mike Daniels (Fairley equivalent) out over half the season, top ILB out 13 games (would be Clay Matthews now actually), Mike Neal out 8 games (Van Noy equivalent) Hayward/Hyde out all season since Week 2, Burnett out 3 games (like Ihedigbo), The Packers D sucks when healthy, imagine all those guys out.

Tramon goes out in first playoff game and backup guard (Tretter goes out in playoff game leaving 3rd string RG and RT).

If that is normal health, I hope the Packers have normal health.

So you want what happened to the Packers in 2013 to happen again? Why didn't we win in 2013? Plus they lost the best QB in the game for 1/2 the season, we don't even have an equivalent of that.

All injuries are not created equal. Number of injuries differs between teams. Concentrated injuries in one position group is the worst.

Saying all teams have them is true but way too general.

Like when Aaron Rodgers was hurt? All our injuries didn't match him alone and still got fubar. Thanks for agreeing we suck.

Back