Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bentley waived

The bottom line, every sport has to have a bad franchise. NFL has the Lions, MLB has the Cubs, I'm sure the NBA and NHL has their laughing stock.

They won only 8 games with Rodgers hurt 8 games. It proves my point that one injury can matter.

I want packers to have lions 2014 type injuries. Their offense would suck. But I'll take Rodgers hurt. That franchise and those shit cheese heads don't deserve good qb play

Lions had many injuries too. Hence winning 7.

Injuries only thing stopping lions. And even that didn't anymore in 2014

Lions were ranked 15th in games lost to injuries in 2013 & in 2014

Get out of here with facts. Everyone knows the Lions are always the worst injured and most often screwed by refs team.

Sure we are the deepest team, but how can one expect to overcome an injury to a RT or 3rd string TE? Impossible.

Lions were ranked 15th in games lost to injuries in 2013 & in 2014

And like I said. Some injuries are more important than others. It's not just the total number without looking to see who it actually was. It's about where the injuries are and if they are concentrated. For instance, like the top 3 players in the secondary. That list in 2013 doesn't even factor Glover Quin playing on a bum ankle all year in 2013 or Delmas knee problems. Houston playing hurt with toe and hamstring problems.

Our top 3 in secondary stayed healthy. We won 11 games with a top defense. If Sherman ,Chancellor and Thomas started getting hurt more, Seahawks would be 2012/2013 Lions like in defense too.

Your facts are not informed enough. I give you the whole picture.

Get out of here with facts. Everyone knows the Lions are always the worst injured and most often screwed by refs team.

Sure we are the deepest team, but how can one expect to overcome an injury to a RT or 3rd string TE? Impossible.

It was more than that. Both RTs. Down to 3rd string. Calvin for 5. Reiff for 2. Warford for 5 plus playoff game. Sims playing hurt first half of the season. Bush for 6 plus limtied in other games. It was some top weapons and the Oline was ravaged.

Ebron for 3, Pettigrew for 1 (at the same time as Ebron starting Kellen Davis against Atl) and Fauria for most of the year (redzone threat) were injuries we had to overcome too. Stafford Tds went down by 7, Fauria's Tds down by 6. Not a coincidence.

We did overcome the injuries in 2014 with 11 wins. the addition of Tate was obvioiusly the key. When you don't have Tate in 2012/2013, it's a problem when Burleson, Young and Broyles are getitng hurt or going insane. 2012/2013 the big problem was the secondary injuries. Our defense couldn't shine like the top 5 defense they truly were. Slay development also helped the transformation too.

Official Game Day Injury Report 09-21-13

Young, Titus - WR - Doubtful - Insanity

Official Game Day Injury Report 09-21-13

Young, Titus - WR - Doubtful - Insanity

He missed the last 6 games in 2012. Broyles the last 5. Pettigrew the last 4. Burleson missed the last 9 in 2012.

Imagine if Cobb missed 9, Adams missed 6, rookie Ty Montgomery missed 5 and Richard Rodgers missed 4. Plus Lacy misses all year due to his head f-ing falling off. It's all up to James Starks but he misses the first 2 games.

Rodger would look like pure garbage. And teams need to start doubling Nelson like they do Calvin. Give Nelson some broken fingers and an inflamed knee too for 2012.

And then on the defensive side of the ball, Burnett misses half the year, and Dix misses 10 games. Heyward misses 12 games in the nickel and Randall misses about 6 games (like Florence), Rollins a few like Lacey, Shields 2 games. You think the Packers could cover anyone? I doubt it.

Let's do 2012 with Seattle.
Thomas half the year, Chancellor for 10 games, Sherman 2 games, Tharold Simon 12 games, Carey Williams for 6 games, Marcus Burley for a few games. You think Seattle could cover anyone without their safeties?

Oh and Avril is just an average pass rusher after previous big years. That is alot riding on Bennett and the LBs.

Last edited:
He missed the last 6 games in 2012. Broyles the last 5. Pettigrew the last 4. Burleson missed the last 9 in 2012.

Imagine if Cobb missed 9, Adams missed 6, rookie Ty Montgomery missed 5 and Richard Rodgers missed 4. Plus Lacy misses all year due to his head f-ing falling off. It's all up to James Starks but he misses the first 2 games.

Rodger would look like pure garbage. And teams need to start doubling Nelson like they do Calvin. Give Nelson some broken fingers and an inflamed knee too for 2012.

And then on the defensive side of the ball, Burnett misses half the year, and Dix misses 10 games. Heyward misses 12 games in the nickel and Randall misses about 6 games (like Florence), Rollins a few like Lacey, Shields 2 games. You think the Packers could cover anyone? I doubt it.

GB did and even more in 2013...and still beat the Lions for the division title!

GB did and even more in 2013...and still beat the Lions for the division title!

GB won ONLY 8 games. That proves my point.

Nobody WON the division in 2013 or deserved too.

2-5-1 without Rodgers. Proves my point it's not the number the of injuries. It's who it is and how concentrated it is.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2013_injuries.htm

And 2013 was basically just Rodgers, Finley, Cobb and Bulaga. Cobb missed 2.5 of the 8 that Rodgers played. Finley missed one at Min. Their defense had some with Heyward and Burnett early but they sucked anyway. It was nothing like the 2012/2013 Lions secondary injuries. Packers defense stunk even when healthy in 2013. Fact.

When they had Rodgers/Cobb they won 6 of their 8 games. When they didn't, they were terrible. They did win against at Cle/Min without Cobb. But both those defenses were terrible in 2013. And you know who didn't play when Cobb was out. Harrison Smith their best secondary player. You know who played Week 17 when Calvin/Pettigrew/Broyles was out. Harrison Smith. Even when the Packers have WR injuries, they get lucky breaks like that.

Lions 2013 had turnover issues. 15 fumbles down to 8 lost in 2014. 19 picks down to 12 in 2014. Addition of Tate and conservative play was nice.

Lions had weapon injuries and secondary injuires. They had 6 bad run days with Waddle/Bush out. And the coaches couldn't get us over the hump in close games. It caused them to loss most of the 9 games including at Lambeau when Packers were healthy with Rodgers/Cobb/Finley and Lions were missing Calvin/Burleson.

Last edited:
GB won ONLY 8 games. That proves my point.

Nobody WON the division in 2013 or deserved too.

2-5-1 without Rodgers. Proves my point it's not the number the of injuries. It's who it is and how concentrated it is.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2013_injuries.htm

And 2013 was basically just Rodgers, Cobb and Bulaga. Their defense had some with Heyward and Burnett early but they sucked anyway. Packers defense stunk even when healthy in 2013. Fact.

When they had Rodgers/Cobb they won 6 of their 8 games. When they didn't, they were terrible. They did win against at Cle/Min without Cobb. But both those defenses were terrible in 2013. And you know who didn't play when Cobb was out. Harrison Smith their best secondary player. You know who played Week 17 when Calvin/Pettigrew/Broyles was out. Harrison Smith. Even when the Packers have WR injuries, they get lucky breaks like that.

Lions 2013 had turnover issues. 15 fumbles down to 8 lost in 2014. 19 picks down to 12 in 2014. Addition of Tate and conservative play was nice.

Lions had weapon injuries and secondary injuires. They had 6 bad run days with Waddle/Bush out. And the coaches couldn't get us over the hump in close games. It caused them to loss most of the 9 games including at Lambeau when Packers were healthy with Rodgers/Cobb and Lions were missing Calvin/Burleson.

no...it just proves how great Rodgers is.

no...it just proves how great Rodgers is.

It proves Rodges had a good situation injury wise in 2013 when he played. Healthy weapons and protection and Lacy running the ball. Rodgers had injury luck in 2013.

Stafford is dealing with major weapon and secondary injuries in 2013. Defense can't keep leads and Stafford ends up throwing to Durham way too often with Calvin hurt or limited and Burleson hurt. 15 fumbles lost hurts Stafford and predictable play with bad weapons lead to 19 ints (7 not Stafford's fault).

Stafford wins 7, Rodgers wins 6 in 2013. Tucker kicks miracle FG for Ravens win and Rodgers win close one against Ravens (no miracle FG). Lions lost at Vikings without Calvin/Pettigrew. Notice Vikings had Harrison Smith and it wasn't Nelson out, it was Cobb/Finley. Stafford plays Eagles in a blizzard without Bush or Waddle for run game while McCoy goes wild. Ross went wild, I think Bush could have had a big day. Both lost to Cincy and at NFC West opponent. Stafford lost to Giants, Rodgers didn't play Giants but Pack still lost. We lose to Bucs when they are hot and due to fluke turnovers and they beat Atlanta (who was very awful in 2013 with Flynn.)

Healthier Lions win 11+ games in 2013.

It proves Rodges had a good situation injury wise in 2013 when he played. Healthy weapons and protection and Lacy running the ball. Rodgers had injury luck in 2013.

Stafford is dealing with major weapon and secondary injuries in 2013. Defense can't keep leads and Stafford ends up throwing to Durham way too often with Calvin hurt or limited and Burleson hurt. 15 fumbles lost hurts Stafford and predictable play with bad weapons lead to 19 ints (7 not Stafford's fault).

Stafford wins 7, Rodgers wins 6 in 2013. Tucker kicks miracle FG for Ravens win and Rodgers win close one against Ravens (no miracle FG). Lions lost at Vikings without Calvin/Pettigrew. Notice Vikings had Harrison Smith and it wasn't Nelson out, it was Cobb/Finley. Stafford plays Eagles in a blizzard without Bush or Waddle for run game while McCoy goes wild. Ross went wild, I think Bush could have had a big day. Both lost to Cincy and at NFC West opponent. Stafford lost to Giants, Rodgers didn't play Giants but Pack still lost. We lose to Bucs when they are hot and due to fluke turnovers and they beat Atlanta (who was very awful in 2013 with Flynn.)

Healthier Lions win 11+ games in 2013.

you are such a fucking moron!

you are such a fucking moron!

I'm the only one who knows who was hurt and when and for how long. I know everything about what happened. I'm an expert. You are a novice who generalizes everything. You sir are the moron.

But since I owned you in the argument. that is all you could come back with. You clearly lost the argument. Now move along little one.

Last edited:
I'm the only one who knows who was hurt and when and for how long. I know everything about what happened. I'm an expert. You are a novice who generalizes everything. You sir are the moron.

But since I owned you in the argument. that is all you could come back with. You clearly lost the argument. Now move along little one.

You have never won an argument! You spew the same silly excuses and think we go away because you won. You have no idea what winning is. You call Lions losses wins! You created a stat for your boy Matt..."true wins"

It goes back to this old saying:

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person"

You have never won an argument! You spew the same silly excuses and think we go away because you won. You have no idea what winning is. You call Lions losses wins! You created a stat for your boy Matt..."true wins"

It goes back to this old saying:

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person"

I'm the only one who knows anything about what actually happened. It's not an excuse. It is a fact. Injuries can lead to less wins. Especially concentrated injuries. I've never lost an argument on here. I win every time.

Packers won only 8 with injuries. Lions won 4 and 7 due to major concentrated injuries. Turnovers didn't help but those are fixed with the new coaches.

Detroit did enough to counter than with coaching and Golden Tate in 2014. Plus the secondary top 3 finally stayed healthy.

If Detroit has GB 2014 type health, Detroit can win a Super bowl this season. This roster is loaded with talent and some depth.

Last edited:
2014 Packer injuries equivalents
Waddle 1.5 games only (bulaga)
Cornleius Lucas (16 games Barclay) Doesn't matter with Waddle healthy for 14 games
Broyles 16 games (Aberderris)
Tyrunn Walker 16 games (Raji though Guion is better IMO)
Slay 2 games (Shields)
Backup G/C say Man Ram 8 games (Tretter). (Still have Laken/Swanson)
Ihedigbo 1 game (Burnett)
Jason Jones 3 games (Datone Jones)
Tahir Whitehead 3 games (Brad Jones)

This is the Packers injuries in 2014.

Lions would win the Super bowl by 50 points if these were the only injuries we had.

Last edited:
Back