Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best boys basketball players past 50 years

Dan Majerle and Shane Battier both ahead of Chris Webber? And Webber is not even in the top 50. This guy is out of his mind. I was too young to see Magic in high school but Webber is by far the most dominant high school player I have ever seen play. He would probably make the best starting 5 of all time in 50 states.

I would have 2guards on my all time team with Steve Smith replacing either Dan Majerle or Shane Battier, whichever didn't get bumped for Webber. And I would definitely have Kevin Willis in the top 50 - although Willis didn't join the Dough Boys team until his junior year in high school.

Last edited:
Dan Majerle and Shane Battier both ahead of Chris Webber? And Webber is not even in the top 50. This guy is out of his mind. I was too young to see Magic in high school but Webber is by far the most dominant high school player I have ever seen play. He would probably make the best starting 5 of all time in 50 states.

I would have 2guards on my all time team with Steve Smith replacing either Dan Majerle or Shane Battier, whichever didn't get bumped for Webber. And I would definitely have Kevin Willis in the top 50 - although Willis didn't join the Dough Boys team until his junior year in high school.

No Spencer Haywood or George Gervin, either. Webber's absence must be from a personal slight or an off-the-court judgment.

Magic was the best player I ever saw playing in High school. I also saw Tillman play once. Magic was so good. Tillman was a man among boys in Grand Rapids in the game I saw.

Magic Was so good in the state high school Final that he won. Good thing there was no three point shot back then. I was at this game. Saw Magic play a few times that year.

https://youtu.be/F-KRCIjAPoA

It was a really great game. Kevin Smith was pretty darn good to. But Magic was something. Final was 62-56 after being tied at 49-49 at the end of regulation. It was fun gong to the high school finals for a few years running back in the 70’s.

Last edited:
It was a really great game. Kevin Smith was pretty darn good to. But Magic was something. Final was 62-56 after being tied at 49-49 at the end of regulation. It was fun gong to the high school finals for a few years running back in the 70?s.

I saw a lot of good basketball even in our six-team league called the SMA (Southeastern Michigan Association) -- Berkley, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Kimball, Seaholm, and Southfield -- from 1972-75.

Back