Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Borges GONE

b311j

Coach Hoke announced today that OC Al Borges will not be retained for the 2014 season

HappyDance.gif_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
yep just got the text

i think if they were letting funk go it would be decided at same time

Last edited:
NN ARBOR, Mich.-- University of Michigan head football coach Brady Hoke announced today (Wednesday, Jan. 8) that offensive coordinator Al Borges will not be retained for the 2014 season.

"Decisions like these are never easy," said Hoke. "I have a great amount of respect for Al as a football coach and, more importantly, as a person. I appreciate everything he has done for Michigan Football for the past three seasons."

Prior to joining U-M in 2011, Borges was a member of Hoke's staff at San Diego State in 2009 and 2010.

The Wolverines will begin spring practice on Feb. 25 and finish with the annual Spring Game on Saturday, April 5, at Michigan Stadium.

Media Contact: Justin Dickens, Zach Eisendrath (734) 763

Just got a text from my buddy, Dr. Dave in A2 after my rant at Knight the Weds of Thanksgiving about firing Borges, he must have thought of me....

I guess you beat me by about a half a second here.

Need to get the Funk out now.

I would have typed it faster had I not fallen over when I read the initial text. And yes, time to get the Funk out too.

Name being fired out there for potential replacement is Noel Mazzone of UCLA

Last edited:
where are you getting this from?

Twitter. So it must be real :)

“@nickbaumgardner: Per @coachingsearch, Mich has reached out to UCLA OC Noel Mazzone http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker …”@MikeValenti971 @TerryFoster971

Michigan: The school announced that offensive coordinator Al Borges will not return in 2014. Here is our story. CoachingSearch mentioned on Dec. 6 that staff changes were likely. A source tells me that Brady Hoke has reached out to UCLA offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Noel Mazzone and at least one NFL assistant, though Mazzone isn't likely to leave for Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
Well... THIS IS GOOD NEWS!!!!

time to celebrate a little:

celebration.gif

Mr. Sulu... set a course for the 2014 Big Ten Championship!

the biggest question is, of course: who will replace him.

the second biggest question is: will Hungry start complaining about how Hoke "LIED TO US... HE'S A LIAR!!!" because a couple weeks ago he said he expects everyone on staff will be back in 2014.

Well... THIS IS GOOD NEWS!!!!

time to celebrate a little:

celebration.gif

Mr. Sulu... set a course for the 2014 Big Ten Championship!

Everyone but Spock. He sees the entire endeavor as a scheme to assign a narrative to a weighted random number generator.

Maybe things will start to make sense again. How do you lead the entire nation in plays for a loss and average 32 pts a game?

Mazzone is the ass-clown who worked with Tebow the other summer and allegedly solved his throwing problems ..

Back