Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brandon increased marijuna/drug testing frequency and penalties

Oh, he learned a thing or two about pizza delivery drivers getting "tips" from customers and that whole NOID thing .....

AVOID THE NOID!!!

Time to crack down on those pot head wide receivers!

Don't Bogart that spleef bro...

Dude, remember that one dude, that one receiver ....? Remember how he was into the weed and that, hey....Cheetos!!

this is bullshit. smoking weed isn't a big fucking deal.

I'd go so far to say, if you went to college and DIDN'T smoke weed, you're probably a loser. Or you are RedandGuilty.

do you know how many future doctors, lawyers, i-bankers, consultants, accountants, professors, etc. I knew who smoked weed in college? it was a lot.

I'd go so far to say, if you went to college and DIDN'T smoke weed, you're probably a loser. Or you are RedandGuilty.

do you know how many future doctors, Presidents, lawyers, i-bankers, consultants, accountants, professors, etc. I knew who smoked weed in college? it was a lot.

Presidents

well, maybe eventually. My class is still too young to have produced any presidents.

But yeah... Clinton, W. Bush, Barack O. ... all smokers

well, maybe eventually. My class is still too young to have produced any presidents.

But yeah... Clinton, W. Bush, Barack O. ... all smokers

I used to smoke a lot as a kid, but I haven't since then.

Does anybody know how long the current program has been in place? Obviously no earlier than 2010, but hopefully it's been there for a little while, so everyone is already stocked with clean piss juice.

do you know how many future doctors, lawyers, i-bankers, consultants, accountants, professors, etc. I knew who smoked weed in college? it was a lot.

Sweet. I got a pass on this one.

I don't see the big deal. I smoked when my job didn't require that I didn't. For the last 13 years, I've had no trouble not smoking it. I know that if I get caught with it or get caught with it in my system, I lose my job on the first strike. These student athletes who get a free education, books, meals, everything, get multiple strikes. I don't care how its no big deal. They know what the requirement is, so live up to it. If its so hard, then they are only proving the point. If you can't live without weed, then you have a problem. If it were legal for me to smoke it and I would keep my job, I would do it, but its not like I have to chop off my leg or something. I just don't do it.

I believe weed is less dangerous than alcohol, but its not what I believe that matters.

Last edited:

I'm glad I'm part of this loser group.

cartman.jpg

I do believe what they say about weed and motivation.

Last edited:
SWEEEEEEET, i'm a loser!!!!!!

anyone else find it interesting how the current generation thinks ur a loser if u don't smoke whereas previous ones thought u were if u did smoke?

SWEEEEEEET, i'm a loser!!!!!!

anyone else find it interesting how the current generation thinks ur a loser if u don't smoke whereas previous ones thought u were if u did smoke?

But...but.....I need it for medicinal purposes. Yeah!

Last edited:
I admit I smoked it a few times. But when I started working and I knew I couldnt I stopped. The problem is with some who are told they cant and still do it anyway. I think its fine in moderation but to many people ruin their lives by taking it to extremes. I am a bit troubled by the "its just weed" saying. It is illegal and it can be harmful. I know when Nix got busted a few weeks ago many of my Sparty friends blew it off because it was just weed. The sad fact is he was driving erratically at the time and had he hurt someone because he was high would they then say its just weed? And I have had friends and family that were addicted to it and ruined not just their lives but those around them as well.

There is an incredible difference between the effects of alcohol and marijuana and why one is legal while the other is not has a lot more to do with the efforts of the Alcohol & Tobacco lobbies and decades of legislation, than it does public safety.

I smoke weed on a regular basis, make a helluva lot of money, have been married over a decade, own a few houses, run 15-20 miles per week and am in very good health for my age.

That said, I don't smoke weed before going to work any more than I'd slam a bloody mary on the way in. The stigma associated with smoking weed is that it is done by Cheech & Chong-like idiots instead of other things ...like work.

Well someone slugging a fifth of Grey Goose every other day is going to have health, motivation and performance issues too. I don't think it's right for a surgeon, pilot, driver or others in positions of public safety to be under the effects of alcohol, marijuana ...or half the prescription medicines that are handed out without a second thought (and which is an entirely different subject altogether).

But rules and rules and if you're not supposed to smoke weed because of your job, scholarship or that you might be tested ....well, that's a trade off.

A trade off I don't have to make, luckily.

Last edited:
There is an incredible difference between the effects of alcohol and marijuana and why one is legal while the other is not has a lot more to do with the efforts of the Alcohol & Tobacco lobbies and decades of legislation, than it does public safety.

I smoke weed on a regular basis, make a helluva lot of money, have been married over a decade, own a few houses, run 15-20 miles per week and am in very good health for my age.

That said, I don't smoke weed before going to work any more than I'd slam a bloody mary on the way in. The stigma associated with smoking weed is that it is done by Cheech & Chong-like idiots instead of other things ...like work.

Well someone slugging a fifth of Grey Goose every other day is going to have health, motivation and performance issues too. I don't think it's right for a surgeon, pilot, driver or others in positions of public safety to be under the effects of alcohol, marijuana ...or half the prescription medicines that are handed out without a second thought (and which is an entirely different subject altogether).

But rules and rules and if you're not supposed to smoke weed because of your job, scholarship or that you might be tested ....well, that's a trade off.

A trade off I don't have to make, luckily.

If you were smoking regularly while you worked your way up to where you are now, you're a rare breed.

Have to be honest it's the first time I was called a loser for NOT smoking weed..

Back