Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brandon increased marijuna/drug testing frequency and penalties

Have to be honest it's the first time I was called a loser for NOT smoking weed..

I'm not surprised it's taken people so long to get through all the other reasons to call you a loser before arriving at this one.

you don't know many people in the finance industry, I take it...

Scotch and cocaine are the cornerstones of Wall Street ...weed is just a way we 'out West' wind down from the stress of it all. I know a LOT of professionals who are fine with smoking pot, if not smoke themselves from time to time or as a preference over drinking.

Scotch and cocaine are the cornerstones of Wall Street ...weed is just a way we 'out West' wind down from the stress of it all. I know a LOT of professionals who are fine with smoking pot, if not smoke themselves from time to time or as a preference over drinking.

went to law school with few former traders from the CBOT & CME, and met a lot of their friends. (mostly) chill guys, but they definitely took advantage of all available "party favors" and didn't discriminate between any when they went out.

I don't think it really affected their job performance... but maybe they'd be even better at it (?) if they didn't abuse every substance known to man.

I don't smoke it and haven't for over twenty years, but I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to smoke it.

I will tell you this though, my oldest son sneakily made some pot brownies as my wife and I were gone. As we came in to this house I noticed the smell in the house and asked what the smell was? He gave some lame excuse and I believed him until I found him hiding a shitload of brownies in his bottom drawer. Well, I confiscated them and they sat In my closet for about a month. One morning I woke up and had a terrible headache and decided to eat a few to help relieve the pain. Needless to say they were measured for a small amount for a buzz effect. I ate three. It knocked me on my ASS for three days. It was the worst ass kicking I ever had and I don't recommend it for anyone. The kids laughed at the old man. I disposed of them the next day. I'm telling you it was some powerful stuff.

went to law school with few former traders from the CBOT & CME, and met a lot of their friends. (mostly) chill guys, but they definitely took advantage of all available "party favors" and didn't discriminate between any when they went out.

I don't think it really affected their job performance... but maybe they'd be even better at it (?) if they didn't abuse every substance known to man.

I have a buddy who smokes quite a bit and if he didn't he might just freak out from being so maniacal. I'm not for self-medicating, but there is a "medicinal" use for some people that can be more effective and successful than synthetic pharmaceuticals.

I've never eaten it, but I hear it's pretty crazy. You're sitting there normal and all of a sudden it could hit you in the midddlllle offff a sennntenccce. Heavy on the body buzz side of things.

When a boy makes brownies, of course they're pot brownies.

:tup:

Call me rare, then.

I'd say there were 2 periods in my life where I had groups of friends and some started smoking weed for the 1st time in their lives and some didn't, high school and undergrad. It was a bigger social divider in high school and the 2 groups (smokers and non-smokers) actually drifted apart. The achiever/non-achiever divide was clear, both times. And as things progressed, the number of pot smokers in my professional circle has dropped off. I only knew one guy working towards a PhD that was still smoking pot and I don't think that he ever graduated. I'm not counting people that tried it or even people that had used it regularly and then given it up. Those people existed, but I literally don't know anyone that used it through the process and finished. Granted, it might be different in other fields.

Last edited:
teh program has been in place for a while

remember johnny sears?

teh program has been in place for a while

remember johnny sears?

"the University of Michigan has hardened its stance against drug use since Dave Brandon was hired as its athletic director in 2010."

I think some of this is DB getting in front of an issue that I think the NCAA or the B10 may be looking at. I read the article on ESPN yesterday and it didnt really shock me. Although it didnt paint Oregon in a very good light at all.

I think some of this is DB getting in front of an issue that I think the NCAA or the B10 may be looking at. I read the article on ESPN yesterday and it didnt really shock me. Although it didnt paint Oregon in a very good light at all.

Meyer wants to pattern his team after Oregon. I think they're already there.

It's definitely within the larger context of the NCAA and the current topic on weed.

Back