Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly: Excuse maker

G

I've never understood how noterdamesucks fans get the balls to complain they play a tough schedule ---

Brian Kelly Whining: Takes shot at Ohio State
Published on September 12, 2011 by Scott Shirley

Brian Kelly and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish have started the season 0-2, but they should be 2-0. In their losses to South Florida and Michigan they have committed 10 turnovers, 5 of which have come in the red zone. Notre Dame was leading Michigan 24

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Excuses, its a big east type thing

Yep, ND should just join the Big East in every sport and get it over with.

DR said:
When are 5 turnovers not glaring?

What a fuckhead

yeah but, yeah but

all of those turnovers are flukes. Michigan didn't do anything for them. ND just did that to themselves!!!

5 turnovers in each of the first 2 games isn't indicative of a problem, right? Those are just 10 seperate, different flukes.

I've noticed some of the other stuff Brian Kelly has been saying:<blockquote>"players not good enough..."

"we'll win when we deserve to win..."

"we're building things for the future."

"fans need to be patient."</blockquote>all sound awfully familiar...

He's their version of RichRod.

He might be a better HC than RichRod: his defense won't be as bad, and his offense is less reliant on the personnel, but all the intangibles point to continuing dysfunction in South Bend.

Kelly is definitely more of a prick. I mean, at least RichRod never killed anyone.

Fortunately, we had something to build on and go back to when RR was canned; ND does not. They fired Davie, Willingham, Tubby, and if Kelly gets fired without establishing a consistently winning team, and solid staff, I think they are going to have a lot of trouble hiring someone worth their salt to replace him.

Kelly also inherited FAR, FAR better talent than did Rich Rod, scheme-excuses notwithstanding.

Domer fans went on and on when he was hired about how he was an offensive genius with his spread pass attack and pointed to ONE season with Pike at Cinci as evidence.

noter dame sucks

As for the ND schedule, two teams left off the previous post were Air Force and Navy. Don't think for a second that either of those are easy victories. I fully expect Navy to win their 3rd straight and 4th out of 5 vs the Domers this year. Air Force beat Navy last year and is looking to have a strong team again this year. People can laugh all they want, but those are NOT easy teams to beat.

I agree that Kelly is ND's RichRod. While I look forward to him getting canned, I am of the opinion ND will follow UM's lead and go with a coach who understands ND tradition. If I had to place a bet, my money would be on Skip leaving USF to got return ND to national respect instead of laughing stock. I look for that to happen this year after ND only wins (probably) 4 games (Pitt, Purdue, Wake, and BC), which will not sit well with anyone associated with their program after all the BcS hype they got before the season started.

Man! Everything I've seen since BK was hired by ND shows me that this guy is a total douche and I've completely changed my mind about him. I used to think he was a good coach (which he might be, i guess) and I wanted him to someday be the head coach of Michigan (back when he was winning national titles at GVSU,) but now I am really glad that he was never the head coach of Michigan.

Lloyd, I remember you discouraging the Kelly hire and I was mad at the time. You obviously knew something that I didn't (imagine that) and I apologize.

(yes, I know Lloyd probably isn't ever going to see that post, but he probably never saw any of my other ones either)

Columbus Bengal was slobbering all over Kelly. Speaking of, did he ever get an invitation to this forum?

He seems to have gone 'MIA' even before the boards robusted. somebody said he was posting pretty much exclusively on the Ohio* message board so maybe he's still posting there with the new espn boards.

he was. He posted on the ohio board all the time. I'm guessing he's still there.

I don't think having CB here would be a good situation. It would probably secure my ticket to hell.

Hungry said:
Man! Everything I've seen since BK was hired by ND shows me that this guy is a total douche and I've completely changed my mind about him. I used to think he was a good coach (which he might be, i guess) and I wanted him to someday be the head coach of Michigan (back when he was winning national titles at GVSU,) but now I am really glad that he was never the head coach of Michigan.

Lloyd, I remember you discouraging the Kelly hire and I was mad at the time. You obviously knew something that I didn't (imagine that) and I apologize.

(yes, I know Lloyd probably isn't ever going to see that post, but he probably never saw any of my other ones either)

H... I agree with you... i thought Kelly was the guy but i was way wrong....

well... like I said, I don't think he's as bad of a coach as RichRod. he might be more of a dick, but he's certainly not as clueless in terms of dealing with the media, his players, and the fans.

I guess... people are writing him off prematurely. They did make a bowl in his first season (and win it), and they improved as the season wore on. They're 0-2, but other than the turnovers, they didn't play that bad. Both losses could've easily gone the other way.

I don't think Kelly will restore them to greatness anytime soon unless he lucks into some super assistants. I see them being mediocre to above-average over his tenure.

If Kelly beats USC again this year, he isn't going anywhere. And if he beats Stanford, that's just icing on the cake. Notre Dame has a good team. The fact is people aren't giving Michigan and South Florida any respect.

Back