Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly is going ballistic

During the Michigan game delay I was watching the Notre Dame game. Things weren't going well for ND and Coach Kelly was doing several F-Bombs. ND was moving the ball down the field again and was on the 5 yard line and the QB threw the ball to the receiver, who wasn't looking, and the ball hit him in the head and bounced to a South Florida player for an interception. As the ND players came off the field, Coach Kelly was F-Bombing left and right in the players faces and the TV camera stayed on him for a long time and Coach Kelly didn't let up.

That's Brian Kelly. Cincinnati went undefeated in 2009. Now they were trounced by Florida in the Sugar Bowl, but still, undefeated seasons don't happen every year at UC or anywhere. That team really had this place pumped. But if you were able to watch the video from that year, you would see Brian Kelly talking to his players and assistants on the sideline just like you saw yesterday. Brian Kelly is an excellent football coach. As a UC alum I'm grateful for all the wins and the bump he gave to UC's profile on the football field. But Brian Kelly is a dick. There are two Brian Kellys. THere is the Brian Kelly who is very charming and impressive in interviews and encounters with boosters and donors and others who can help him get what he wants. And there is the Brian Kelly who treats the players and assistants, without whom he can't get what he wants, and whom he ironically treats like garbage. Guy's a dick. Plain and simple.

alonzomoseley said:
That's Brian Kelly. Cincinnati went undefeated in 2009. Now they were trounced by Florida in the Sugar Bowl, but still, undefeated seasons don't happen every year at UC or anywhere. That team really had this place pumped. But if you were able to watch the video from that year, you would see Brian Kelly talking to his players and assistants on the sideline just like you saw yesterday. Brian Kelly is an excellent football coach. As a UC alum I'm grateful for all the wins and the bump he gave to UC's profile on the football field. But Brian Kelly is a dick. There are two Brian Kellys. THere is the Brian Kelly who is very charming and impressive in interviews and encounters with boosters and donors and others who can help him get what he wants. And there is the Brian Kelly who treats the players and assistants, without whom he can't get what he wants, and whom he ironically treats like garbage. Guy's a dick. Plain and simple.

I've heard that. I never met the guy, but I have heard this before. Disappointing. For a long time, I envisioned this guy as the head coach of MIchigan. Now I'm rooting against him, though, and he is starting to fit the profile of people that I dislike.

Again, being an alum of CMU and knowing what he was about, he's a strange bird. Didn't like him all that much, loved the results on the field. And he quit mid bowl-season, which was an absolute slap in the mouth.

MichChamp02 said:
ColumbusBengal can't be too happy

Does anybody know CB from off the boards? It had occurred to me that I hadn't seen him post in quite some time, even back on the old ESPN board before we all came over here...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:
ColumbusBengal can't be too happy

Does anybody know CB from off the boards? It had occurred to me that I hadn't seen him post in quite some time, even back on the old ESPN board before we all came over here...

I had/have the same concern as you. Hope he's alright. I haven't seen him post on the UC, UM or Reds board in months. Given the fact he had over 30k posts, that doesn't bode well.

CB started becoming an Ohio* reg and stopped posting @UM board

Brian Kelly needs to be dealt with by the higher ups at ND, you don't treat or talk to your players like he does. I would have loved to have seen Jones knock a few of his teeth out.

Back