Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CNN and now NBC refuse to run Trump ad

Gulo Blue

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/us/politics/nbc-caravan-advertisement.html

The ad is from Donald J. Trump for President, but CNN refused to air it, saying it was racist. NBC ran it and is responding to backlash by refusing to continue running it.

I think this is a more interesting example of media powers and what speech they should or shouldn't air and Trump's campaign is a far more interesting case than Alex Jones.

He has also created the expectation that they will throw rocks at us.

I don't see it racist either maybe a bit misleading. They all seem to ban it even Fox.

They're corporate-owned and publicly traded companies, not State Run propaganda. They can air (or not) what they want - the fake 'indignation' is just that and as fake as the rest of it.

there's a difference between exercising your rights as a private company and being a hypocrite.

Here's the ad: https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1058685478164144128

I think it's fair to describe the ad as encouraging viewers to be prejudiced against the members of the caravan. To pre-judge them by depicting a cop-killing criminal as representative.

prejudiced against them for what reason? the possibility that there are likely criminals among them or because of their ethnicity?

How much different is that compared to the depiction of them being a bunch of kids and moms fleeing oppression in their homelands? I mean, look at all the women and children in this video of caravan people peacefully seeking to cross into Mexico from Guatemala...

https://youtu.be/PO_ptEOYFpw

Last edited:
He has also created the expectation that they will throw rocks at us.

they only throw rocks from Guatemala at Mexican border patrol as seen in the above video because they don't want anything to do with Mexico other than to pass through. They would never do that at the US border.

they only throw rocks from Guatemala at Mexican border patrol as seen in the above video because they don't want anything to do with Mexico other than to pass through. They would never do that at the US border.

But their final destination is Canada right? For the socialized medicine? I say let?s just let them go through.

prejudiced against them for what reason? the possibility that there are likely criminals among them or because of their ethnicity?

How much different is that compared to the depiction of them being a bunch of kids and moms fleeing oppression in their homelands? I mean, look at all the women and children in this video of caravan people peacefully seeking to cross into Mexico from Guatemala...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DE91FA1D66CD16628584DE91FA1D66CD&&FORM=VRDGAR

For votes. Obviously.

But I didn't figure there'd be any consensus on what to make of the caravan. No surprise that there's disagreement there. But a President's ad being rejected for being racist by mainstream media, that's a new high water mark of some kind.

we need to defend our southern border against people who might walk up to it and throw rocks across it at peaceful Americans just minding their own business during their daily border walks.

I am glad this serious threat to our national security is getting the amount of media coverage it deserves.

if a single American is hit by a rock, I believe this justifies the use of deadly force.

I am fortunate that I live approximately 300 miles from the border, as the crow flies.

Far too long a distance for rock throwers, even if they were to employ slingshots or similar technology.

I am keeping all the poor, vulnerable American residents of Brownsville, El Paso, and Laredo in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they're wearing the Trump-branded rock protection headgear our job creating president provided to them.

We have a Colombian restaurant at the end of our street (next to the dispensary) and a Salvadoran store a few blocks down. Almost every service worker in the W/SW US is Latino by background. I don't know anyone who has a job as a rock thrower, however.

We have a Colombian restaurant at the end of our street (next to the dispensary) and a Salvadoran store a few blocks down. Almost every service worker in the W/SW US is Latino by background. I don't know anyone who has a job as a rock thrower, however.

That's cause You're a PC beta cuck libtard.

you'll wake up to REALITY once you get a rock through your windshield.

I think it's pretty reasonable to think refugee and asylum seeker numbers might go up dramatically in the future and we should debate and make plans for dealing with that before it happens, but this caravan is not that. Our system isn't swamped.

If the people in the caravan want to be accepted anywhere, they'd better quit tearing down fences and throwing rocks. Anyone IDed individually as being a part of that probably won't get what they want in the long run. But it's too much to demonize the entire group too. It's not like they're flipping police cars or burning couches.

Back