Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coke on the move? Other reliever news

Alex, please keep the Tigers board just that, Tigers players news only.
Other players can be put in the mlb general board.

Why do fans go to mlbtraderumors.com? 99.9% of what they spout is complete and utter garbage.

Do you think atlanta will go for coke? How much could detroit get

Coke is flat. Who would want him for anything more than a case of RedMan?

If Nathan is on the market what do you think it would take to get him? And would we want him?

If Nathan is on the market what do you think it would take to get him? And would we want him?

They should have grabbed him when he was not signed? by the twins, they saw plenty of him through the years.
Shoulder problem or not at the time, his saves record success vs. Tigers is right up there with Rivera and Soria.

It would not be worth it to us to trade for him, he does not fill a need we have. And it would take a lot to get him.

It would not be worth it to us to trade for him, he does not fill a need we have. And it would take a lot to get him.
I wouldn't say it doesn't fill a need. Bullpen depth on this team is our biggest need. IMO

I agree that it would probably cost far too much to get him though.

We lose Benoit or Smyly and we are seriously fucked.

I was just thinking if it didnt take a lot to get him maybe DD pulled of another amazing deal like he did when he got MIGGY or anibal Sanchez/Omar infante..... Then it puts him in the closer spot Benoit back at the set up and Smyly as long relief or middle.... Solves the bullpen but it wa just a thought and your probably right the rangers would want a lot.

I wouldn't say it doesn't fill a need. Bullpen depth on this team is our biggest need. IMO

I agree that it would probably cost far too much to get him though.

We lose Benoit or Smyly and we are seriously fucked.

We're fucked if Cabrera goes down, but that does not mean we should trade for Adrian Beltre.

Our bullpen needs are late innings guys, if we can get Dotel and Downs back and healthy, and replace Putkonen and Coke, and possibly Al we would have a pretty complete bullpen.

Who knows, maybe Bondo can make it as a long man here.

I just don't see a guy like Nathan being that valuable, since where he would likely pitch is not a trouble spot, he would make us better, that's true, but so nothing to fill the holes we have.

lots of good teams need bullpen help, look at boston. we can get someone after August 1 too

Back