Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

D-Line Underachieving?

I think you're just looking at sack totals. The dline is making things happen. They're getting in the back field.

They are definitely getting in the backfield, pushing the o-line back, and disrupting plays - they just dont have amazing stats that usually come along with it.

Either way, its working perfectly.

I wouldn't mind moving Suh around a bit more. Let him rush from the edge here and there. Once Fairley returns maybe we'll see more of that. He's getting double-teamed on almost every play. Gotta find a way to let him get in the backfield.

Play like Demarcus Ware. He's all over the place, left right middle.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think you're just looking at sack totals. The dline is making things happen. They're getting in the back field.

Bingo!! You said it perfectly, Mitch. It's not just about sack totals. People need to realize that. Too many fn people look at stats and shit....fuck that. The DLine is disrupting plays and making the QB's hurry up plays. They're doing a fine job so far. The Chiefs have one of the best OLines in the biz. We played well against them.
I can't wait for Fairley to get back. He should make that DLine even stronger. He was drafted #13 overall for a reason. Mayhew has been wonderful with his draft choices so far. Look at Titus for cripes sake...he played awesome yesterday.

tonyballs said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think you're just looking at sack totals. The dline is making things happen. They're getting in the back field.

Bingo!! You said it perfectly, Mitch. It's not just about sack totals. People need to realize that. Too many fn people look at stats and shit....fuck that. The DLine is disrupting plays and making the QB's hurry up plays. They're doing a fine job so far. The Chiefs have one of the best OLines in the biz. We played well against them.
I can't wait for Fairley to get back. He should make that DLine even stronger. He was drafted #13 overall for a reason. Mayhew has been wonderful with his draft choices so far. Look at Titus for cripes sake...he played awesome yesterday.

No kidding. 6 turnovers....some of those are because of the pressure the D line creates. You don't have to sack the QB to be effective. Sometimes a bad pass because the QB is rushing is better than a sack!

Back