Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmon Young

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Last year he had 46 doubles and a hell of a year.

1.8 WAR.

You know you suck when that's considered a hell of a year.

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Last year he had 46 doubles and a hell of a year.

1.8 WAR.

2.7 war on offense. I'll take but you rather have maggs, lol.

Can't say I'm happy to see a much needed replacement for Maggs turn out to be Delmon "hothead" Young.

Delmon had a monster year last year, but it was kind of flukey, and not that great this year and probably as bad in the field as Maggs is.

But something had to be done with Magglio, even though I disagree with the direction they're going in getting Young, at least it shows that DD acknowledges the problem.

Replaced, Inge, and Magglio, how long before we get a new second sacker?

Obviously the Tigers still don't have their worthy leadoff hitter "yet", but like I have posted before, apparently the team is determinedly going to stick with AJax batting in that spot...

or bust.

Delmon sure ain't a base-stealer either, so the sorely needed, and clearly lacking team speed on the basepaths yet remains.

I think they'll get some of that done next season but August 15 not much you can do at this late stage. Mqggs just lost it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:
1.8 WAR.

Must have missed the post where I said I wanted Maggs.

Could you please link me to it?

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Not wanting Young is saying you want Maggs in the OF. Whose at bats do you think he's taking. Once BB comes back, Maggs is the one losing time.

I guess the trade doesn't change the team too much. The Tigers are a poor defensive team with an average pitching staff that has some players that can hit for average but very little power.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:

Not wanting Young is saying you want Maggs in the OF. Whose at bats do you think he's taking. Once BB comes back, Maggs is the one losing time.
Actually, I think Dirks should be playing LF & Boesch in RF

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Actually, I think Dirks should be playing LF & Boesch in RF

Not going to argue but smokes doesn't seem to want to annoint him as an everyday guy.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:

Quite a leap there.

So the only options we have are Maggs or Delmon Young?

mhughes0021 said:
where does he hit in the lineup?

Where do you think?

It's Leyland and his lousy and lazy lineup management.

Whenever somebody replaces somebody in the lineup they just take that players spot, so he will be batting 3rd.

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Quite a leap there.

So the only options we have are Maggs or Delmon Young?

Well yeah who do you think he's getting his at bats from :) it really is that simple.

mjsb2 said:
mhughes0021 said:
where does he hit in the lineup?

Where do you think?

It's Leyland and his lousy and lazy lineup management.

Whenever somebody replaces somebody in the lineup they just take that players spot, so he will be batting 3rd.

Lol oh ya! Totally forgot.

Personally I woulda been fine with a boesch ajax dirks OF the rest of the way. Now if you're hoping for a new rfer next year that means were benching young and his 6 mil salary....waste of money. On the other hand if we roll with young in rf next year...well...that just sucks lol.

Back