Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard cannot throw accurately

Mich_QB_U

Plain and simple. I don't think he ever will. This is year #3 and I swear it looks like that Illinois game in Champagne a few years back.

I knew you'd have a say, dannydiggler. Nice run Denard. Just don't pass that much. Michigan up 28-7.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]We should bench him and those 200 yds rushing..

My fear is that when we start playing good defenses the QB run will be shut down, just like last year.

bdtay71 said:
[color=#551A8B said:

My fear is that when we start playing good defenses the QB run will be shut down, just like last year.

If it happens will you cry?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
bdtay71 said:

If it happens will you cry?

I'm sorry, I'll have to come back after hours, when all the little kids are in bed.

After you made a brilliant observation that has never been brought up, I had to ask myself.... I wonder if he cries himself to sleep knowing Denard isn't Chad Henne?

Does this really need to be stated after every single pass? We get it. He can't throw. But he's our quarterback, and he probably will be next year, so deal with it.

Not every single pass. Just after he overthrew Roundtree over the middle on 3rd down.

i wouldnt be suprised if devin passes him next year and plays. id like to see denard in the backfield, at least once.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
devin being more of a pro style qb.

The coaches aren't just gonna throw in a quarterback because he fits better. They're going to play whoever gives Michigan the best chance to win. And right now, and probably next year, it's denard.

[color=#551A8B said:

Yes, if we have someone that can pass the ball! Give those carries to a RB 97 yards and 2 interceptions passing the ball against SDSU is unacceptable for a Michigan QB. He needs to run for 400 yards a game to make up for our nonexistant passing game.

theo said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
devin being more of a pro style qb.

The coaches aren't just gonna throw in a quarterback because he fits better. They're going to play whoever gives Michigan the best chance to win. And right now, and probably next year, it's denard.

if devin can out throw denard by his 3rd year, he would pretty much be a bust.

I'm not advocating moving Denard to tailback or bringing in Gardner, or anything of the sort. Just pointing out a serious deficiency. Nothing for anybody to get their feelings hurt about.

Nobody will ever see the point of why Denard will be the only QB you see elusively this season, so I'm done talking about it.

Back