Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Tigers Minor League Notes

Thoughts anyone? Troy, mjsb.

I thought Oliver was ranked a bit high, maybe Burgos too for top 10.

I asked a question of Ben Badler regarding Danry Vazquez, mine wasn't answered but someone elses was regarding him.
A couple of other Tigers prospects lists have Eugenio Suaraz in their top 10 of prospects.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/chat/?1326979744
Ben Badler's Q and A with BA subscribers.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Thoughts anyone? Troy, mjsb.

I thought Oliver was ranked a bit high, maybe Burgos too for top 10.

I asked a question of Ben Badler regarding Danry Vazquez, mine wasn't answered but someone elses was regarding him.
A couple of other Tigers prospects lists have Eugenio Suaraz in their top 10 of prospects.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/chat/?1326979744
Ben Badler's Q and A with BA subscribers.

Not too different from most lists.

Not a fan of Oliver, as at this point I/m sure he'll end up in the bullpen.

Tyler Collins Hitting His Stride for Tigers.
DETROIT

Thanks for posting the scouting reports KC. I drove around town to find the print version of BA Central Top 10s but it may not have hit news stands yet. I think Vasquez has to be up there and I agree with you that Oliver may be a little high. Oliver, however, could make the team out of spring training as some combo of the roles Below and Coke had in the bullpen. I think his stuff plays way up in one of those roles and if his command comes around he should be better than Coke

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

Doesn't the link open for you?

No, I don't have a subscription.

well now that I know, anytime I click on the link and it has me sign in, I will just copy and paste the story so you and a few others who don't subscribe can read.
Tigs Town is a bit different, a story that isn't an insider is ok to post the link and the title sentence, but not the whole story. and no premium content. That was a request a few years back from Mark, who I respect as the best Tigers minor leagues guy we have.
I have thought about Baseball prospectus and their paywall, same with espn insider...I'll see about them one of these months.

tigerfantroy said:
Thanks for posting the scouting reports KC. I drove around town to find the print version of BA Central Top 10s but it may not have hit news stands yet. I think Vasquez has to be up there and I agree with you that Oliver may be a little high. Oliver, however, could make the team out of spring training as some combo of the roles Below and Coke had in the bullpen. I think his stuff plays way up in one of those roles and if his command comes around he should be better than Coke

You're welcome Troy, I found out years ago, you will wait for the BA. it is later in the magazine stores than getting a delivery/subscription. Uncle Jumbo used to get it delivered a week or so before it hit the stores. Been subscribing and renewing it for about 10 years now.

AL Players Who Just Missed The Top 10 for their team.
Tyler Collins, lf, Tigers: A sixth-round pick in June, Collins hit .404 at Baylor in 2010, .488 at Howard (Texas) JC to win the national juco batting title last spring, .310 while ranking as the top prospect in the Texas Collegiate League last summer and .313 in his pro debut. Suffice it to say that he can hit, and he also offers average power and plus speed.
from baseball america

Back