Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

I would almost push this kid to Lakeland but they might be afraid of another Fields reaction. I still feel that hurt Fields as much as anything when they didn't start him at West Michigan. By the way KC I think this guy has done a great job with his prospect analysis. I never read anything from him before this as far as I remember. Also, pretty excited I ordered the Prospect Handbook yesterday so I should have that in a week or so

I would almost push this kid to Lakeland but they might be afraid of another Fields reaction. I still feel that hurt Fields as much as anything when they didn't start him at West Michigan. By the way KC I think this guy has done a great job with his prospect analysis. I never read anything from him before this as far as I remember. Also, pretty excited I ordered the Prospect Handbook yesterday so I should have that in a week or so

You're probably right about Fields, iirc nearly 3 years at Lakeland with do overs. But seems to be the Tigers' m.o. on players they are high on.
The TPR guy is I think all of 21 his name is Brian. Some nice very nice work on players.
I took a break from BA with all the newbies out there like this kid, and most are free.
About Schotts, if he continues to hit as he moves up the ladder and learns routes playing centerfield, is it too much to ask/think of him as a poor mans' McCutcheon in a few years?

Top 31. Top 10 is same as previously posted. 1- Nick Castellanos 3B/OF 2- Avisail Garcia OF 3-Bruce Rondon RHP 4-Jake Thompson RHP 5-Austin Schotts OF 6-Danry Vasquez OF 7-Tyler Collins OF 8-Casey Crosby LHP 9-Eugenio Suarez SS/2B 10-Adam Wilk (unfortunately,they must have went to print before he signed with Korean team). The rest is new. 11-James McCann C 12-Tyler Clark RHP 13-Melvin Mercedes RHP 14-Drew Verhagen RHP 15-Steven Moya OF 16-Jose Ortega RHP 17-Harold Castro 18-Montreal Robertson 19-Kyle Lobstein LHP 20-Jeff Kobernus 2B 21-Brenny Paulino RHP 22-Endrys Briceno RHP 23-Curt Casali C 24-Bryan Holaday C 25-Luke Putkonen RHP 26-Ramon Cabrera C 27-Dixon Machado SS 28-Hernan Perez 2B/SS 29-Edgar De La Rosa RHP 30-Daniel Fields OF 31-Jordan Lennerton 1B. 31 is odd because on depth chart they had Dean Green higher even though he wasn't in top 31

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back