Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Torii Hunter won't start today, will take extra day for knee to heal. Still some soreness. Plans to start tomorrow.

As posted in a separate thread;
http://grantland.com/features/dave-dombrowski-detroit-tigers/
Trust in Dave Dombrowski.
Questioning the Doug Fister trade? Doubting the Miguel Cabrera extension? Where Detroit Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski is concerned, faith should replace conventional wisdom.
from Grantland

http://www.freep.com/article/20140411/SPORTS02/304110069/detroit-tigers-dave-dombrowski-grantland
Grantland begins 'Detroit Week,' tells Detroit Tigers fans to trust Dave Dombrowski.
from the freep

Last edited:
Drew Smyly to start Wednesday for the Tigers vs. Indians:
Indians vs. LHP: .192, .542 OPS
Indians vs. RHP: .265, .764 OPS

Last edited:
Luke Putkonen still waiting to make appearance.
The Tigers have had plenty of struggles up and down their bullpen. Luke Putkonen hasn't been among them. In fact, he hasn't pitched at all.

As odd as it sounds for a right-handed long reliever who made the Opening Day roster, Putkonen went the first seven games without being used. When he does pitch, he'll be the last Tiger to appear in a game.

It's not as if his manager, Brad Ausmus, has forgotten he's out there.
"I've talked to him multiple times," Ausmus said. "Today I said he's got a bad manager who can't get him into a game. But with the off-days and the way the games have gone, there just hasn't been the time to put him in."

It's not the first time, and it's not the first manager. Putkonen made only one appearance in a two-week stretch last July before being sent back to Triple-A Toledo, and faced just two batters in that outing.
from the Tigers official site

Staying cautious, Tigers give Hunter day off.
Torii Hunter was among the Tigers at Petco Park to take early batting practice Friday afternoon, but there was enough lingering soreness in his left knee that manager Brad Ausmus opted for precaution and rested him for one day. Thus, Hunter was not in the starting lineup for Friday night's series opener against the Padres.

"If I had to, I would play today," Hunter said.
Hunter was available to pinch-hit, but not to run.

"He actually looked really good in batting practice," Ausmus said, "but just moving in the outfield, Petco Park's pretty big in right field. It's just probably, I think, a smarter move to give him another day. Hopefully, he's ready to go tomorrow."

Hunter bruised his left knee crashing into the short wall down the right-field line at Dodger Stadium Tuesday night. While Petco Park has an expansive right field, even with the fences moved in last year, it has the advantage of ample foul territory down the lines before players risk running into the box seats.
from the Tigers official site

Last edited:
Back