Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

AL TRAA Total Runs Above Average -- RCAA plus/minus FRAA = TRAA

LEADERS
1 Alexei Ramirez 28
2 Josh Donaldson 24
T3 Lonnie Chisenhall 16
T3 Mike Trout 16
5 Derek Norris 15
T6 Kyle Seager 14
T6 Jose Bautista 14
T6 Gordon Beckham 14
T6 Victor Martinez 14
T6 Michael Brantley 14
T6 Asdrubal Cabrera 14
T6 Albert Pujols 14

WORST
1 Erick Aybar -18
2 Jed Lowrie -17
3 Brad Miller -16
T4 Andrew Romine -15
T4 Alex Presley -15
T6 Omar Infante -14
T6 Mike Moustakas -14
T8 Derek Jeter -11
T8 Nick Castellanos -11
T8 Dioner Navarro -11
T8 Brian Roberts -11

TEAM TOTALS
1 White Sox 64
2 Athletics 35
3 Indians 32
4 Angels 22
5 Blue Jays 9
6 Rangers 0
7 Orioles -2
8 Tigers -3
9 Twins -11
T10 Yankees -21
T10 Red Sox -21
12 Rays -23
13 Mariners -26
14 Royals -39
15 Astros -48

TIGERS
Victor Martinez 14
Miguel Cabrera 12
Ian Kinsler 8
Rajai Davis 6
Don Kelly 2
Alex Avila 0
Austin Jackson 0
Tyler Collins 0
J.D. Martinez 0
Bryan Holaday -1
Danny Worth -3
Alex Gonzalez -6
Torii Hunter -9
Nick Castellanos -11
Andrew Romine -15

through May 24.
from leesininsatmreports.

May 26 in Tigers and mlb history:

1925 - In a Detroit 8 - 1 victory over the White Sox, Ty Cobb becomes the first major leaguer to collect 1,000 career extra-base hits. He will finish with 1,139.

1959: Harvey Haddix of the Pittsburgh Pirates pitches one of the most remarkable games in major league history. Haddix tosses 12 perfect innings, retiring the first 36 Milwaukee Bravesbatters he faces, before losing the perfect game in the 13th inning when Felix Mantilla reaches first base on an error. After a sacrifice bunt and an intentional walk to Hank Aaron, Haddix surrenders an apparent three-run home run toJoe Adcock. Aaron leaves the field, and Adcock passes him on the basepaths. Adcock's blast is called a double as Mantilla scores the winning run. Lew Burdette of the Braves goes all the way for a 12-hit, 1 - 0 shutout.

1962: Al Kaline of the Detroit Tigers fractures his collarbone while making a dramatic game-saving catch in right field. Kaline has helped preserve a 2 - 1 victory over the New York Yankees but he will miss two months with the injury. At the time of this injury, Kaline was leading the American league in the Triple Crown. He will play in exactly 100 games and hit 29 homeruns.

1968 - A?s pitcher Jack Aker hits Tigers batter Jim Northrup in the head. That begins a brawl, as yesterday Al Kaline?s arm was broken by a Lew Krausse offering.

1969 - Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves hits his 500th career double, becoming only the third major leaguer to reach 500 doubles and 500 home runs.

Tigers players birthdays:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cronija01.shtml
Jack Cronin 1901-1902.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Darrell_Evans
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/evansda01.shtml
Darrell Evans 1984-1988.

Tigers players who passed away:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Al_Simmons
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/simmoal01.shtml
Al Simmons 1936.

from Baseball Reference

California native Coke draws crowd of family, friends.
Left-hander Phil Coke had his own personal fan club in attendance as the Detroit Tigers opened a three-game series with the Oakland Athletics on Monday.

Coke grew up in Sonora, a quaint city off the beaten path about four hours east of Oakland that has connections to the California Gold Rush and, despite recent growth, retains a small-town atmosphere.

"There will be all kinds of people from up the hill," said Coke, who began to rattle off numerous folks expected to attend, including members of his family, his extended family, in-laws and his best friend's family.

"Two years ago when I was here, I was shagging in the outfield and I heard someone calling my name," Coke said. "I look over and it's a friend of mine sitting out in left field. These guys come down to watch a baseball game, and I'm just part of the sideshow. They don't care where they sit."

Coke has appeared in five of the Tigers' last eight games, pitching a total of 7 2/3 innings, and he appears to be smoothing things out. He's allowed three runs over his past 8 2/3 innings, a 3.11 ERA that has dropped his season ERA to its current season-low 6.06.

He made three appearances during a 20-day stretch between April 26 and May 17.

"I'm the kind of guy that the more I threw the better I did," Coke said. "It was awkward to throw one day, then take five days off. We needed innings out of me and I'm more than happy to do it. I feel I can do anything I'm asked to do."
from the Tigers official site

Back