Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/07/detroit_tigers_gameday_tigers_5.html
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Tigers turn to Kyle Ryan to avoid series sweep at hands of Pittsburgh Pirates.
mlive

Miguel Cabrera enters today's game with 2,548 total bases as a member of the Tigers, which ranks 12th in franchise history. Cabrera is one total base away from tying Willie Horton for 11th in club history with 2,549 total bases.

Tigers' David Price is old school.

Detroit Tigers ace David Price is pretty old school when it comes to brush-back pitches, which some say shouldn?t be part of the game anymore.

?You always have to protect your teammates,? Price said today on ESPN?s ?Mike & Mike.? ?If something happens in the game and you have to protect your teammates to let your teammates know that you?ve got their back, that?s what?s got to happen.

?But there?s definitely a right way to go about it. I mean, above the belt and that stuff, you?re getting to high. Throwing at heads and stuff like that, that?s putting peoples? lives and danger, and that?s definitely what you want to stay away from.

?There?s a right way to do everything. If you can do it the right way, then it?s just fine.?

Price also was asked about pitchers being fined for going after hitters.

?I think if you?re defending your teammate, I think the front office or somebody, your manager, somebody on this team?s going to pick that up,? he said. ?If one of the young guys did that and they got fined for getting one of our teammates? backs, I?m definitely going to pay that fine for that guy.

?So I don?t think you?ll have to worry about the fines. If it happens, they will get paid and hopefully it?s by somebody in the front office, because if you?re doing it to protect your teammates, I completely get that.?

freep

Back