Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drummond to CLE

The lottery system is a joke. Oh btw the Pistons have been paying josh smith 5.4 million a year since he was cut in 2014.
All of Detroit sports teams are managed so poorly. Least his 5.4 comes off the books next year.

I personal rather have a player than just giving him away. Maybe AD isn't the star he was 2 years ago but he's still a heck of a player. 2nd round picks are garbage esp. if you can't do anything with it, like the Pistons organization.

The lottery system is a joke. Oh btw the Pistons have been paying josh smith 5.4 million a year since he was cut in 2014.
All of Detroit sports teams are managed so poorly. Least his 5.4 comes off the books next year.

I disagree on all. When you go to the playoffs 25 years in a row a hard rebuild is inevitable.

The other crime the front office did was to not unload anyone else. What is the point in keeping Rose?

Just another fine example of this organization being a joke from top to bottom.

They had the perfect situation when they signed Rose and he was playing good in managed/limited minutes. Was looking like the first potentially good move in a long time. Then they randomly played him 30+ minutes in back to back games and he got hurt. Idiots.

I personal rather have a player than just giving him away. Maybe AD isn't the star he was 2 years ago but he's still a heck of a player. 2nd round picks are garbage esp. if you can't do anything with it, like the Pistons organization.

So keep him, win a few more games, and then pick around 10-15 as opposed to 1-5. I just don't get this line of thinking. Were you also super excited when the Red wings were perennial 8 seeds but pounded your chest about that sweet playoff streak?

Last edited:
And who says we'll be worse. Not like we're winning games right now.

And who says we'll be worse. Not like we're winning games right now.

The NBA trade machine (I know...not an exact science) put the pistons at -11 wins by getting rid of AD.

Trading him to the Cavs also is telling what the Pistons think about AD's game. Teams don't typically send superstar players to someone in their own division.

2nd youngest to 400 double doubles is impressive and he's a great player. Maybe not top echelon but still great.

Just saw that AD got an extra $875K bonus because he was traded. Not a bad deal to move about 170 miles.

Back