Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #101 Detroit at Cleveland July 22nd, 2024. 6:40 pm est

biggunsbob

Tigers @ Guardians
6:40 PM
Progressive Field

Tarik Skubal LHP
10-3, 2.38 ERA, 144 SO

Carlos Carrasco RHP
3-7, 5.22 ERA, 74 SO

DET Lineup
CLE Lineup
  1. Steven Kwan (L) LF
  2. Angel Martínez (S) CF
  3. José Ramírez (S) 3B
  4. Josh Naylor (L) 1B
  5. David Fry (R) DH
  6. Jhonkensy Noel (R) RF
  7. Tyler Freeman (R) 2B
  8. Brayan Rocchio (S) SS
  9. Austin Hedges (R) C

Tigers up 4-1 top third. Can someone fix this. Out with dog. Maybe put in the lineups.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Malloy 2 run homer in the first.

Rogers triple and error scored 2 more. Broadcast calling it an inside the park homer.

Skubal just had a long half inning. He was barking the ump on strikes . Cleveland loaded the bases and #9 hitter I think had a bunt single with 2 outs. Tigers totally not ready for it from a .143 hitter.

Ramirez is so damn good. Runners were on 1st and 2nd with one out.
Skubal gets out of trouble with a 1-4-3 dp.

Baez. Yikes. Out by a mile at second base and Gio bails hook out on a ball bounced badly. Ball did take a bad hop which he handles.

Nice pitch. Now it’s dog walk time. If we do trade Skubal to Baltimore we better get every top prospect they have.

Don’t see this often. On our normal walk. I took Ripley this morning and again after the sun was going down. Like 12 hours later. A house had partial burned down, and it had yellow tape around it. That isn’t a good sign. Hope everyone is ok who lived there. Just outside our neighborhood on one of the side streets.

Lucas pitching up 8-1 .

Back to back singles. Had the next batter 0-2 and freaking walked him.
Ramirez up. Fielders choice. I think he beats the bad throw by Colt .(High)
First and third one out 8-2. Lucas was lucky ump was blind on Ramirez’s first pitch.
Ball called a strike.
Chafin in. Nice pitch. Strikeout for the second out.
Come on ump he went.
Strikeout anyway. Tigers win 8-2 !

Last edited:
Dont look now.

The tigers have scored more runs than they have given up.

Havent seen that in a while this late in the season.

Skubal gives up career high in hits with 10 but goes seven innings with 6 strikeouts and 1 walk only 1 earned run. He improves to 11-3. If he gets traded to Baltimore we better that haul. But with Olson injured I’m not sure we can even trade him. Who would pitch ?

Skub’s was masterful when he was in jams tonight.

Last edited:
If I get around maybe I will take in the Lansing at West Michigan at noon tomorrow.
I heard that Clark and McGonigle getting the call up. See how May back is in the morning. Finally over being sick .

Skubal gives up career high in hits with 10 but goes seven innings with 6 strikeouts and 1 walk only 1 earned run. He improves to 11-3. If he gets traded to Baltimore we better that haul. But with Olson injured I’m not sure we can even trade him. Who would pitch ?

Skub’s was masterful when he was in jams tonight.
That would suck, or would it? Give us Henderson, and some prospects, and we give you skubal and baez. and baez being a part of it, is non negotionable.

Too much? then take a walk.

Last edited:
Amidst trade rumors, Skubal continues to strengthen Cy Young case.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the guardians.

Tigers 8 - Guardians 2: Exciting baseball? Rogers that!
This one was a darned good time.
BYBTB

Rogers' mad dash is highlight as Tigers trounce Guardians, 8-2.
Detnews

Jake Rogers guides Detroit Tigers, Tarik Skubal in 8-2 win over Cleveland Guardians.
Freep

Skubal pitched well considering 10 days between starts. I know he pitched that one inning at the all star game but 10 days still a long time.

Back