Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 133 Tigers vs. angels August 27, 2024

Hey everybody.
I haven't posted about the Tigers since June 21, 2017 (I looked it up on this web site.) I remember the general situation. The Tigers were below average at the time. I was kind of excited that Verlander was getting a perfect game or no-hitter into some inning of that game. Then, the opposing team immediately got a hit after I posted. It felt all wrong. The team was heading downhill. I haven't posted about the Tigers for 7 years. Guess why? They weren't good. Things were not great with the general management. Now, they are 67-66. They are getting some good wins with rookies and generally guys I haven't heard of. Go Tigers. Suprisingly the AL central is a really good group of 4 top teams. (You know, like, not the White Sox.)

Hey everybody.
I haven't posted about the Tigers since June 21, 2017 (I looked it up on this web site.) I remember the general situation. The Tigers were below average at the time. I was kind of excited that Verlander was getting a perfect game or no-hitter into some inning of that game. Then, the opposing team immediately got a hit after I posted. It felt all wrong. The team was heading downhill. I haven't posted about the Tigers for 7 years. Guess why? They weren't good. Things were not great with the general management. Now, they are 67-66. They are getting some good wins with rookies and generally guys I haven't heard of. Go Tigers. Suprisingly the AL central is a really good group of 4 top teams. (You know, like, not the White Sox.)
we don't need any bandwagon fans here. Here you come when they finally get over .500 🤣 🤣 🤣

Tigers 36-18 this year when Parker Meadows plays.

Parker Meadows in August
18 Games
.333/.368/.583
2 HR 6 2B 3 3B 5 SB
The Tigers are 14-4 in games he's played in this month.

Parker Meadows has been one of the most valuable players in the AL this month. His 1.1 fWAR so far in August is only topped by Aaron Judge (2.5), Bobby Witt Jr. (1.9), Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (1.4), Jarren Duran (1.4), Juan Soto (1.2), and José Ramírez (1.2).
I know that Tork seems to be the whipping boy, but since his return, he's hitting .368 with 3 HR, .450 OBP, and if they win tonight (currently up 3-0), 8-2 since his return. (Stats as of right now, mid game)

Back