Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #142 Detroit @ Oakland, Friday September 6, 2024 (9:40)

biggunsbob

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm out till after game starts. I may need help with the lineups.

Cameron had k'd on change ups.
2-2 count I thought for sure another change up was coming.
Nope. Frustrating we can't score against this team .

Good, Skubal won't take the loss.
I have hated the oakland a's since the mid 60's when they started beanball wars with the Tigers. To this day I say fuck you campy campaneris for the bat throwing in the 72 playoffs.

Right on right but Holton was pitching pretty darn good. Least they got the lead runner next batter.

That was a fantastic scoop By Spencer at first. Probably keeps tigers alive for the
11th.3-3.,

Good, Skubal won't take the loss.
I have hated the oakland a's since the mid 60's when they started beanball wars with the Tigers. To this day I say fuck you campy campaneris for the bat throwing in the 72 playoffs.
We have so much trouble with the damn A’s

Mckinstry gets Spencer to 3rd on a 0-2 pitch.
We just can’t hit a sac fly. Sweeney bounces it right to the drawn in infield.
Frustrating.

Meadows left on left double over the LF head ! 5-3 !

Bad Miller strikes again. 5-5 We just can’t beat this team. Maybe the 11th.

88 MPH ball that said cream me.. don’t get it that pitch with his fastball.

Another nice scoop by Spencer at first. That was a 2 hopper from deep third.

Tigers 11th
Kreidler runner
Greene Singles him home. 6-5
Vierling bounces into a dp.
Keith F-8 .
Tigers lead 6-5 bottom 11th.
Bo coming in.

So the A’s have a pinch hitter with 13 homers.
Freaking Miller.

Freaking sac bunt and we can’t get him out.
Freaking Bo
Challenge over tuned safe.
Bo walks the winning run to second.
Bases loaded no Outs.
Sac fly 6-6
Foul fly to Spencer. Tough play.
Foul Fly to Spencer. Much easier play.
6-6 on to the 13th.
Bo battles s back.

Last edited:
Man Spencer hit it hard but right at the second baseman.
Mckinstry walk,
Sweeney had a 2-0 count. Then 2-2 . Pop out infield.
Rogers BB bases loaded 2outs.
Meadows K’s on a high fastball. 2:change ups and a fastball.

Last edited:
A’s 13th
Runner on 2nd
K’s
Then we lose 7-6.
Tigers are 1-3 against this shitty team.
I’m tired of this team beating us.

Lots of leads lost. The A's were basically giving us the game. They walked a .191 hitter to pitch to the guy who hit a GS the night before.. And yet we still imploded. Lots at fault.

Well I only saw the 9th inning on. Miller just isn’t any good . I don’t care what his numbers say. He gives up way too many homers. Can’t remember but if Holton had a lead I’m not taking him out.

Miller has a decent fastball . I just don’t get the 88 mph Ball right in the middle of the damn plate. Before the game his era is 4.67 . He now is tied with Faedo with 9.
homers. The pitch before was just a ball low. That wanted the call. They should have elevated the fastball.. just my opinion. Idk.
Frustrating because we need a winning streak.

Last edited:
Not the storybook ending Skubal or the Tigers wanted.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Tigers 6 - A’s 7: Hell is extra innings.
Really pushing the limits of what the ghost runner can do to lengthen games instead of shorten them.
BYBTB

'That was a winnable game': Tigers drop marathon in 13 innings against A's.
Detnews

After 13 innings, Detroit Tigers drop heartbreaker to Oakland Athletics, 7-6.
Freep

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers have now played .500 or better baseball for the months of July and August. Since the All-Star Game, they’ve had the 3rd best record in MLB.

All of this despite playing without many of their best players – Riley Greene, Kerry Carpenter, Parker Meadows and Reese Olson for more than half of this time. They also lost 4 veterans to trades and operated with only 2 members of their starting rotation, 1 being a rookie.

The introduction of an “opener-bulk” strategy to compensate for the loss of starting pitching has also resulted in a winning record when used. The Tigers now have the 2nd best ERA in MLB after the Houston Astros.
Two months of winning has erased 2 months of losing. The Tigers (through Thursday) now have a 71-70 record. They went 14-11 in July and 17-11 in August.
How surprised are you about these past 2 months? How impressed are you about this team’s recent performance?

How impressed are you about this team's recent performance especially given the setbacks?

1. Very impressed.

2. Somewhat impressed.

3. Not impressed.

VOTE

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers have now played .500 or better baseball for the months of July and August. Since the All-Star Game, they’ve had the 3rd best record in MLB.

All of this despite playing without many of their best players – Riley Greene, Kerry Carpenter, Parker Meadows and Reese Olson for more than half of this time. They also lost 4 veterans to trades and operated with only 2 members of their starting rotation, 1 being a rookie.

The introduction of an “opener-bulk” strategy to compensate for the loss of starting pitching has also resulted in a winning record when used. The Tigers now have the 2nd best ERA in MLB after the Houston Astros.
Two months of winning has erased 2 months of losing. The Tigers (through Thursday) now have a 71-70 record. They went 14-11 in July and 17-11 in August.
How surprised are you about these past 2 months? How impressed are you about this team’s recent performance?

How impressed are you about this team's recent performance especially given the setbacks?

1. Very impressed.

2. Somewhat impressed.

3. Not impressed.

VOTE
I would say very slightly impressed, right between 2 and 3. I was listening to MLB radio a few weeks back, and the guy said watch the Tigers make a late run because they had a very soft schedule. It has happened. Also, the Tigers don't have the 2nd best ERA in baseball, it is 6th. Still good though.

Im frustrated because this run just proves has bad Harris was in the off season.
We need hitting. The tigers have wasted so many good pitching performances.
I still can’t believe Olson is 4-8. Also worried about all the call ups. I really hope one of Jung, Sweeney, or Dingler can start to hit !

Last edited:
Back