Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #145 Colorado @ Detroit, September 10th, 2024

Meadows solo homer. 1-0 1st inning
====
Greene 3 rbi triple. 4-0.
Vierling single rbi 5-0.
Double play. End 2nd.

Meadows picks up Rogers with a one out 2 rbi single. 7-0 Tigers in the 6th.
Single by vierling scores Meadows 8-0.
Sac Fly by Carpenter scores Greene 9-0.
Ibanez 2 rbi single. 11-0.

Last edited:
I think I heard on the radio broadcast that Ibanez was a late replacement at first base for Spencer. I Didn’t hear why.

Sweeney average up to .241.
Meadows is up to .235.
Jung is hitting .226.

Five of the Seven walks were from these three guys.

Kc up 4-0 late over The yanks .
Minnesota was up 6-0 now it is 6-4 in the sixth against LAA.
Sigh. 8-4 now.

Youngest Tiger since 2016 Michael Fulmer to have a complete game shutout.
First Tiger with a complete game shutout under 100 pitches (96) since David Price in 2015.

Good win!@#

Why would it show the redsox above detroit in the wildcard hunt with both clubs having the same record?

Detroit won the season series w/ boston 4-3.

Montero dominates Rox with a 'Maddux' in first shutout.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the Rockies.

Tigers 11 - Rockies 0: Colorado rocked by Montero’s Maddux.
A nice game for the young pitcher and the hot bats alike.
BYBTB

Meadows homers on second pitch, Tigers romp over Rockies, 11-0.
Detnews

Keider Montero throws complete game as Detroit Tigers roll Colorado Rockies in 11-0 win.
Freep

Keider Montero throws a gem as Tigers rout Rockies, 11-0.
Mlive

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

It is September and the Detroit Tigers are playing meaningful baseball.
Yes, you heard that right.
Since July 1st, they have won 10 more games than lost, tied with the Astros for the best record in the AL.
Believe it or not, they are 3 games out of the final AL wild card spot (through Monday’s games). All of this despite having their best players on the IL and a starting rotation with only 1 remaining veteran on it and a move to an opener/bulk pitching strategy.

There are 18 games left in the season and the Tigers have 1 of the easiest remaining schedules. They still need to play the Orioles, Rays, Royals, White Sox and Rockies. It will take a combination of winning many games and hoping that the Twins and possibly the Royals will perform poorly.

Of note is that both Reese Olson and Wenceel Perez are expected back from the IL very soon.
Also for your consideration, the Tigers have the tiebreaker advantage over Boston and Seattle but not the Twins or Royals.

Will the Tigers make the playoffs? What do you believe will happen?
What do you believe the chances are for the Tigers to make the playoffs?

1. I'm planning to watch them in October.

2. It could go either way.

3. It's not happening this year.

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

It is September and the Detroit Tigers are playing meaningful baseball.
Yes, you heard that right.
Since July 1st, they have won 10 more games than lost, tied with the Astros for the best record in the AL.
Believe it or not, they are 3 games out of the final AL wild card spot (through Monday’s games). All of this despite having their best players on the IL and a starting rotation with only 1 remaining veteran on it and a move to an opener/bulk pitching strategy.

There are 18 games left in the season and the Tigers have 1 of the easiest remaining schedules. They still need to play the Orioles, Rays, Royals, White Sox and Rockies. It will take a combination of winning many games and hoping that the Twins and possibly the Royals will perform poorly.

Of note is that both Reese Olson and Wenceel Perez are expected back from the IL very soon.
Also for your consideration, the Tigers have the tiebreaker advantage over Boston and Seattle but not the Twins or Royals.

Will the Tigers make the playoffs? What do you believe will happen?
What do you believe the chances are for the Tigers to make the playoffs?

1. I'm planning to watch them in October.

2. It could go either way.

3. It's not happening this year.

VOTE
I voted it's not happening this year. I hope I'm wrong, and I am happy that they are at least making it interesting.

I heard on 97.1 fm out of Detroit this morning that the reason Spencer and Dingler didn’t play last night is 14 players have caught a stomach bug the team picked up on the west coast. . Skubal was on the morning radio show and mentioned it.

I agree it is too little too late, but they are making some of these games entertaining.

Keider Montero since August 1
4-2 46.1 IP 3.69 ERA 8 games started.

Meadows post ASB (30G) Splits
.308/.354/.542/.896/ 4 Homers 20 RBI 8 doubles 4 triples (37/120) 9 BB 27 K 1.4 (overall) WAR.

Back