Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 148 Baltimore @ Detroit, Friday 13th, 2024, 6:40pm

biggunsbob

Carpenter hits a solo homer in the first. Pitcher adjusts slows slower stuff I think next at bat.

Man 1st and 3rd one out. Again this team can't push a dang run across with Carpenter and Vierling coming up.. So frustrating we can't put the ball in play.

Great game for our Tigers, and a bullpen game with a perfect game then a no hitter until the pitch to the Orioles best hitter. I'll take the win. Who thought no hitter at the start of this or any game with all relievers and AAA callups? 76 wins. I forget my preseason prediction but after the all-star break I thought they would be lucky to get to 70 wins, more like 67. Hinch won't win manager of the year but should still get a few votes and finish 4th or 5th.

Great game for our Tigers, and a bullpen game with a perfect game then a no hitter until the pitch to the Orioles best hitter. I'll take the win. Who thought no hitter at the start of this or any game with all relievers and AAA callups? 76 wins. I forget my preseason prediction but after the all-star break I thought they would be lucky to get to 70 wins, more like 67. Hinch won't win manager of the year but should still get a few votes and finish 4th or 5th.
Agree !

Down to the last out: 4 Tigers nearly combine for no-no.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win and near no hitter vs. the Orioles. Hurter pitched great.

Tigers 1 - Orioles 0: Practically perfect, but no-no dice.
An incredible outing by Brant Hurter.
BYBTB

Tigers one out from combined no-hitter, blank Orioles 1-0.
Detnews

Four Detroit Tigers pitchers combine for one-hitter in 1-0 win over Baltimore Orioles.
Freep

Tigers fall one out short of no-hitter but hold on beat Orioles 1-0.
Mlive

Tigers are now 38-25 last 63 game with a .603 winning percentage.

Brant Hurter since his promotion six weeks ago:
8 G 5-1, 2.56 ERA 38 2/3 IP, 5 BB, 37 K.

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Chicago White Sox are close to shattering the MLB record for most losses in a season. Through Thursday’s games, they stand at 33 – 114 and sit 51 games out of first place. They have lost 16 straight home games.
A national article recently appeared that highlighted why some Chisox fans still attend the games, pointing to the die-hard ones who feel they need to support their team no matter what. Oh, and $5 beers also help.
But should fans support a team that is so bad? A team that certainly has so much wrong with it running from the roster into the organization? Is it wise to support that team with hard-earned dollars that may simply incentivize the organization to maintain the status quo or take their time in making the necessary changes?
Or should fans stay away and send a message to the franchise? Withholding their dollars in order to inspire those in charge to overhaul the organization faster?
What is more important? Being a loyal fan and supporting the team or offering tough love to inspire change?

How should fans react when their team is one of the worst in baseball?

1. Continue to support them by attending games.

2. Offer tough love by closing their wallets.

VOTE

Back