Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #161 Chicago @ Detroit, Saturday September 28th, 1:10 Pm

biggunsbob

Hey guys.
I d already told Ron and Jessie. Come Tuesday I may be around to do the game thread or I may have to have one of you guys to post it. Hopefully the tigers will have a late game as they have been a pleasant distraction the last two weeks.

2 weeks ago Sunday my wife had extreme pain in her lower area. So bad we had to go to Blogget downtown in GR.

My wife’s having surgery Tuesday. She has Cancer in her uterus. So she is getting a complete hysterectomy. Hopefully the cancer is all in the uterus only. Her ct scan of her chest was clear yesterday so that is good news. We are looking for low grade cancer not high grade after the surgery.

Sorry to hear that Bob. Your wife and your family will be in my prayers. Good luck and God bless.

Hey guys.
I d already told Ron and Jessie. Come Tuesday I may be around to do the game thread or I may have to have one of you guys to post it. Hopefully the tigers will have a late game as they have been a pleasant distraction the last two weeks.

2 weeks ago Sunday my wife had extreme pain in her lower area. So bad we had to go to Blogget downtown in GR.

My wife’s having surgery Tuesday. She has Cancer in her uterus. So she is getting a complete hysterectomy. Hopefully the cancer is all in the uterus only. Her ct scan of her chest was clear yesterday so that is good news. We are looking for low grade cancer not high grade after the surgery.
Bob, from the moment you mentioned it on the phone your wife is in my prayers. We all hope that this cancer has not gone anywhere else and the surgery will help 1000%. The Tigers and Lions are a good distraction, but we all know family is most important and comes first.

Tigers vs other divisions:
AL East: 20-12
AL Central: 28-22
AL West: 16-16
NL East: 5-10
NL Central: 9-7
NL West: 8-7
All NL East games were played in June or earlier.
Tigers since August 11th: 31-11.

Thank you Chris Fetter truly one of the best in the game. Reminds me of the success of the two other great Tigers pitching coaches in my lifetime, Johnny Sain and Roger Craig.
A.J. Hinch on Chris Fetter: "He was one of the first guys I hired. Has been sitting next to me for all of my time here. ... He’s a huge part of our pitching program, our gameplanning, our success. Getting to share that with him … that’s a full-circle moment".

Detroit Tigers make playoffs for first time since 2014

Can’t spell “clinched” without Hinch.
A.J. Hinch will manage in the postseason for the first time since the 2019 World Series, months before the Astros fired him amid the sign-stealing scandal.Asked about his emotions tonight, Hinch said, “When I came here to Detroit, I didn’t know if I was going to manage again, so it means a lot to me to be a leader of this team, and for an organization to take a chance on me, to put me back in this chair, bring my experience, and see the good I’ve done before. I didn’t plan on talking about it, but it matters a lot to me to see a team respond the way they have and get to October as a winner.”

With Tarik Skubal winning the AL Triple Crown of pitching: (wins, ERA and strikeouts), he would be the third Tiger to do it, joining Verlander in 2011 and Hal Newhouser in 1945.
He also leads all pitchers in bWAR with 6.3

An interesting comparison between these Tigers and the...2016 Cubs?! Tom Verducci and the MLB Central crew highlight the youthful exuberance that has fueled this late-season surge for Detroit, whose Postseason magic number sits at 1.
Is it a coincidence that Scott Harris was Dir. of Baseball Operations for the Cubs in 2016?

Tyler Holton over the last two seasons: 178.2 IP, 2.17 ERA, 0.82 WHIP. Deployed as both an opener and a high-leverage reliever, Holton has been elite out of the bullpen for a surging Tigers team.

How do the 2024 Tigers compare with other Detroit playoff teams?
There are some similarities with other notable teams in franchise history, but the ‘24 Tigers are a unique brand.
BYBTB

Personally I don’t care about a 5 or 6 seed and I don’t care who they play.

Back