Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (0-3) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-2)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Field Gulls (N/A yet)

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
RB Joique Bell (ankle) - No practice
TE Brandon Pettigrew (hamstring) - No practice
DE Ezekiel Ansah (groin) - Limited practice
LB DeAndre Levy (hip) - Limited practice
T Corey Robinsion (ankle) - Limited practice
CB Josh Wilson (lower leg) - Limited Practice
G Larry Warford (ankle) - Full practice

Seahawks
RB Marshawn Lynch (hamstring) - No practice
DE Demarcus Dobbs (shoulder) - No practice
DT Brandon Mebane (groin) - No practice
CB Tharold Simon (toe) - No practice
FS Steven Terrell (hip) - No practice
LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (hamstring) - No practice
TE Luke Wilson (back) - Full practice
LB Bobby Wagner (ankle) - Full practice
LB Mike Morgan (hamstring) - Full practice
LB K.J. Wright (hip) - Full practice

Series History
Link
The Lions are 5-7 against the Seahawks
Last Game: 10/28/2012, Lions 28 Seahawks 24
Last Game in Seattle: 11/8/2009, Seahawks 32 Lions 20
Last Win in Seattle: 9/12/1999, Lions 28 Seahawks 20

Last edited:
The 2nd of 3 straight that I get to watch. Hopefully they put up a fight, and show some energy.

Bell out, Zenner in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-rb-joique-bell-seattle-seahawks-ankle-injury

Seattle may be without Lynch, Seattle's offense isn't overly impressive IMO, but even without lynch I highly doubt they are starting their season 1-3 and losing to the Lions at home.. Even without Lynch the Lions will still lose.. i'll go with something like 16-6 Seattle

Why will the Lions lose, two primary reasons.

1. Boring predicable Caldwell Joe assclown show
2. Because overall as a team, they aren't very good

0-4

Last edited:
Bell out, Zenner in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-rb-joique-bell-seattle-seahawks-ankle-injury

Seattle may be without Lynch, Seattle's offense isn't overly impressive IMO, but even without lynch I highly doubt they are starting their season 1-3 and losing to the Lions at home.. Even without Lynch the Lions will still lose.. i'll go with something like 16-6 Seattle

Why will the Lions lose, two primary reasons.

1. Boring predicable Caldwell Joe assclown show
2. Because overall as a team, they aren't very good
3. Seattle is very good at home.

0-4

Added one for you.

Thank You Mitch!

After all the talk during the week on predictability and defenses knowing what they are doing, I do expect to see a few different looks at least. it'll prolly blow up in their face though as all the dummies up front won't know what the F is going on in real time.

At least we can't blame Bell for this one.

I like Bell still, I don't think he has been 100% they should have gone with Zenner to start with until Bell is back to 100%, he runs hard when he's 100%

Just another dumb coaches decision to keep throwing him out there less than 100%. Caldwell Joe truly is worse than Ausmus, that's hard to top, but they did it!

Dink and dunk Joe, Lombardi turned the lions offense into a dink and dunk three ring circus clown show

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/10/detroit_lions_calvin_johnson_5.html

Detroit Lions say WR Calvin Johnson same player at age 30 despite minimal downfield usage

Thus far, his 20 receptions have netted just 199 yards and he's barely been utilized as a downfield threat. In fact, the grab against Talib was the only pass Johnson has caught all season that's traveled more than 12 yards through the air.

On average, the passes Johnson has caught have traveled an average of 6.4 yards through the air, by far the fewest in his career. At this point, he hasn't been able to make up the difference in yards after the catch as defenders have generally been dropping him right as the ball arrives.

Last edited:
im dumb for saying this....but I think the lions have a decent shot in this game. Maninly cause I don't see seattles offense as being very explosive.

no worries, the Lions D has a history of making underperforming offenses look Super.

Something tells me we win, ive been walking around seattle last 3 days, they seem worried, idk, makes no sense, except were do

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm extremely excited to not see Bell in the lineup, and not seeing one snap. Abdullah and Zenner takeover, with a bit of Riddick mixed in there

Last edited:
Dink and dunk Joe, Lombardi turned the lions offense into a dink and dunk three ring circus clown show

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/10/detroit_lions_calvin_johnson_5.html

Detroit Lions say WR Calvin Johnson same player at age 30 despite minimal downfield usage

Thus far, his 20 receptions have netted just 199 yards and he's barely been utilized as a downfield threat. In fact, the grab against Talib was the only pass Johnson has caught all season that's traveled more than 12 yards through the air.

On average, the passes Johnson has caught have traveled an average of 6.4 yards through the air, by far the fewest in his career. At this point, he hasn't been able to make up the difference in yards after the catch as defenders have generally been dropping him right as the ball arrives.

How are we going to stretch the field with an oline that can't give the qb enough time for routes to develop?

Something tells me we win, ive been walking around seattle last 3 days, they seem worried, idk, makes no sense, except were do

Lol. That might be the dumbest thing I've heard yet.

I like to be positive at times but we're getting crushed.

Back