Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

I will throw out a prediction. Seattle is without Lynch but the Lions are without Bell...so that is a wash. I have been told that Wilson is just a game manager and Stafford is elite. I have been told that the Lions have better talent and the better roster. The Lions have the better receivers and a top 5 offense & top 5 defense.

After considering all of that...

Seattle 27
Detroit 17

I will throw out a prediction. Seattle is without Lynch but the Lions are without Bell...so that is a wash. I have been told that Wilson is just a game manager and Stafford is elite. I have been told that the Lions have better talent and the better roster. The Lions have the better receivers and a top 5 offense & top 5 defense.

Seattle 27
Detroit 17

Bell is equal to Lynch?? That's a good one

Seattle 27
Detroit 17

That's just all said by one man.

But honestly, I've been hearing for months how talented we are. It was nauseating. Not just by LKP, but many folks. They haven't had a good running game in ages, QB play - average, OL - Average (based on last 5-7 years), Secondary, some good some bad, overall mostly poor (last 5-7 years), and bad coaching (forever), LB, some good some bad.

This team sucks and lacks talent.

That's just all said by one man.

But honestly, I've been hearing for months how talented we are. It was nauseating. Not just by LKP, but many folks. They haven't had a good running game in ages, QB play - average, OL - Average (based on last 5-7 years), Secondary, some good some bad, overall mostly poor (last 5-7 years), and bad coaching (forever), LB, some good some bad.

This team sucks and lacks talent.

I know...I am confident that I can go to bed at halftime and not miss a thing I haven't seen hundreds of times over the past 25 years!

I have to be honest here and tell you all that for every Lions game goes like this for me, each time the Lions get the ball first to start a game (which is almost always) I immediately go into grump ass mode because I hate having the ball first to start the game, even when they do manage to score first on that first drive (not often). what always happens?, the other team scores just before half time then they get the ball first again to start the 3rd, that is so damn annoying.. Would much rather have it first after half time.

So when the Lions get the ball first, it's pretty much over for me already mentally before it even starts. When they don't actually get the ball first (once in a blue moon) I go ahead and allow myself to get excited and entertain the thought of them actually winning one. that's how I roll each week they play anyway.. anyone else?

Last edited:
I have to be honest here and tell you all that for every Lions game goes like this for me, each time the Lions get the ball first to start a game (which is almost always) I immediately go into grump ass mode because I hate having the ball first to start the game, even when they do manage to score first on that first drive (not often). what always happens?, the other team scores just before half time then they get the ball first again to start the 3rd, that is so damn annoying.. Would much rather have it first after half time.

So when the Lions get the ball first, it's pretty much over for me already mentally before it even starts. When they don't actually get the ball first (once in a blue moon) I go ahead and allow myself to get excited and entertain the thought of them actually winning one. that's how I roll each week they play anyway.. anyone else?

I'm curious how often we got the ball first and if we won the coin toss or not under Gym Shorts. I swear we went a whole season once getting the ball first.

I'm curious how often we got the ball first and if we won the coin toss or not under Gym Shorts. I swear we went a whole season once getting the ball first.

I think if the Lions win the coin toss it's mandatory that they take the wind...not the ball...even if it's indoors!

Jon Gruden just said we have a shot BECAUSE of Matthew Stafford.

Been a while since I heard that.......a LONG while.

Man it used to be tough to see our boys have a nationally televised game, have all the panelists confidently pick the other team and be proven right OVER AND OVER AGAIN. This go around isn't bothering me so much.

That isn't untrue, but we can also lose BECAUSE of Stafford. That's the issue. Can't count on him.

Not a bad time to have the game of your life.

That's what we need from #9 tonight to have a shot.

A win tonight and would be VERY impressive and actually show some good coaching, QB play and line play.

I'm not counting on it, mind you, but the next 60 minutes of football determines the entire 2015 season for the Detroit Lions

Back