Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 51 Toronto Blue Jays @ Detroit Tigers, May 24 5 40 PM MST

Game Day thread for Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays
Have you seen the other Game Day threads? Any chance that you can mirror those in some way? You are obviously welcome to contribute, but standards have been set, established for literally decades. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Tigers record under the Ilitch Family (bought in mid-season '92) from 1993 to the game played yesterday is: Wins: 2,241 Losses: 2,654 Win % .458. 9 seasons over .500
Tigers' all-time W-L record stands 9613 - 9516. Just 97 games over .500. A winning percentage of .503
Nobody has done more to eliminate a generation of baseball fans than the Illich family.

Englert, Kelly, and Vierling combining on that bit of baseball fuckery..all courtesy of the man hiding in his office.

Riley Greene 11 for his last 66.

Torkelson is 4 for his last 34..

Lange is averaging 8.2 BB/9 this season.
Alex Lange was the AL Reliever of the month for May 2023..since then he has imploded..all centered on a massive inability to throw strikes..especially strike one. since June 1 2023 Lange's numbers 4-8 65 G
61.1 IP 285 BF 51 BB 17.8 BB% 7.48 BB/9 1.63 WHIP 4.84 ERA 57.7% strikes.
A.J. Hinch: "I'll answer the obvious question: After all the emotion yesterday, is this a reaction to something? The answer is no. We've talked about Alex in recent weeks, or actually, for the entirety of his major-league career, about strike-throwing and execution."

The Tigers have announced the following roster moves:
Following last night's game, optioned RHP Matt Manning to Triple A Toledo.
Reinstated RHP Kenta Maeda from the 15-day injured list.

https://motorcitybengals.com/posts/...friday-s-game-vs-blue-jays-01hynzv8s7rpTigers make surprise pitching change ahead of Friday's game vs. Blue Jays.
MCBTB

Last night, Carson Kelly touched third just as Kevin Kiermaier gathered the ball in CF.
It became the Tigers' sixth out at the plate this season.

Here are the lineups..

Blue Jays (23-26) @ Detroit Tigers (23-27)
6:40 PM
Comerica Park

Alek Manoah RHP
1-1, 3.00 ERA, 19 SO

Kenta Maeda RHP
1-1, 6.75 ERA, 23 SO

TOR Lineup
DET Lineup
  1. Wenceel Pérez (S) CF
  2. Riley Greene (L) LF
  3. Mark Canha (R) DH
  4. Kerry Carpenter (L) RF
  5. Matt Vierling (R) 3B
  6. Colt Keith (L) 2B
  7. Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
  8. Zach McKinstry (L) SS
  9. Carson Kelly (R) C

If this was my team, I'd fine Tork 5k every time he takes a 1st pitch meatball. Swing the fucking bat

I thought Perez might have gotten in before the tag. AJ too chicken to challenge?

Kenta can only go 5 innings? Why is he back if he's not healthy enough to pitch with no restrictions?

Back